The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sabres struggling to re-sign Hodgson, fielding offers for him

I have no insecurity about the trade we need size and grit we got that in Kassian. I don't hate nor did I love Hodgson I think he's a bit on the greedy side if I'm honest. I didn't like how he tried to dictate where he played on the roster, and I don't like any unproven player demanding huge pay raises. I'm pissed as a fan we have had 2 lockouts in 8 years only to have players with ONE 20-30 goal season asking $5mil+ a season. What were the lockouts for?

He can ask for whatever he wants. He had one season with 19 goals, and another with 15 goals in 48 games which is equivalent to 25 goals, and these are his first 2 full seasons in the league. That's a pretty decent start to a career, and he is rounding into a pretty decent #1 centre.

A lot of players are being overpaid, and I won't single him out for asking more than what i think he is worth. Look at the deal boyle just got.

I have no insecurity about the trade we need size and grit we got that in Kassian. I don't hate nor did I love Hodgson I think he's a bit on the greedy side if I'm honest. I didn't like how he tried to dictate where he played on the roster, and I don't like any unproven player demanding huge pay raises. I'm pissed as a fan we have had 2 lockouts in 8 years only to have players with ONE 20-30 goal season asking $5mil+ a seasHon. What were the lockouts for?

His realtionship with the Canucks being soured was entirely AV's fault by saying he was faking his back injury. He asked for more time, but most people felt he earned it with his level of play at that time. And that Selke winner was playing with a bad shoulder, and most agree that in hindsight, AV should have given him more time.

Not only is Cody demanding $10m per yr, he also requires a personal all white dressing room with white roses and a fruit basket. Also there is to be a vast supply of only red m&ms. The last part is super important and I'm told it is the deal breaker.

Not only is Cody demanding $10m per yr, he also requires a personal all white dressing room with white roses and a fruit basket. Also there is to be a vast supply of only red m&ms. The last part is super important and I'm told it is the deal breaker.

Archived