The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler on the top line next season?

Angry Goose

If Schroeder was able to hold down the second line center position, it would be good. I think Kesler and the Sedins have some Synergy from playing on the PP so much together.

Kesler on the third line lol

I know! I don't care what Gillman said. You don't waste a star like Kessler on a checking line.

Who knows what crazy plans Torts has up his sleeve. I'd like to see Kes stay on the 2nd tho.

My line-up game 1 would be

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Jensen

Burrows-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Richardson-Weise/Gaunce

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Corrado

Luongo

Lack

love the looks of that line up

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen (pure goal scoring line)

Booth-Kesler-Kassian (Holy big power line)

Burrows-Schroeder-Hansen (Defensive line)

Higgins-Richardson-Weise (probably one of the best fourth lines)

I like these lines IF

Jensen can keep up with, score, and be responsible when playing with the Sedins...

and that's a big if

Its very doubtful Kesler will be put on the first line. I'm happy to hear that Kesler says he's finally healthy as the second line in key to any Vancouver success. A successful 2nd line also makes it easier for the first line to produce. Kesler will have to start using his linemates to be more effective. Kassian will get a very good shot on the first line, and Kesler will probably play with Burrows on the 2nd line. I think Schroeder will have a difficult time making the team, with his lack of size. I could overlook his size if he made things happen, much like Ronning did, but even Ronning mostly disappeared in the playoffs, much like Schroeder probably will. Schroeder will have to have a very good camp to be in the mix at the beginning of the season.

At this point Kes is already playing first line mins, its just the title that everybody freaks out about. I think Splitting the Sedins up would be great for an extended period of time so they can build chemistry with other players around them. I wouldnt wanna split em up for the whole season though, thats not gunna happen.

My top 9

Booth - H.Sedin - Higgins

D.Sedin - Kesler - Kassian

Burrows - Gaunce/Schroeder - Hansen

First line:

Now I know what you're thinking. Why the hell is Higgins on the top line he should be on the 3rd. Higgins had 43 points in 11-12 while playing on the AMEX line, that line didn't have a legit playmaker, with Booth and Hank it's not really crazy to think that Higgins can have another 40 point season. The guy is defensively responsible and can score, he was on pace to score 20 goals last season ON THE THIRD LINE, we can def. get more from Higgins, and Torts will do just that. Hank will get Booth back to being a scoring machine, and Booth and Higgins will protect Hank at all times.

Second Line:

This is pretty self explanatory, Kassian protects Kes and Kes protects Danny. Defensively responsible blah blah, gritty and can score blah blah, Kassian will prosper on this line, the end.

Third Line:

This line is just an ideal third line, It has speed, it has skill, it is defensively responsible, and it can hit (Hansen). It would be nice to see Burrows play with Hansen and this could be the new redefined "Speed Line" that used to be Raymond Schroeder and Hansen only with more scoring.

Point is , all three of these lines can score, they can all hit, and they cover all the holes that we have either defensively or offensively. Our fourth line will still be our crappy, worthless fourth line but these 3 lines are solid, as far as special teams goes it'll remain the same, Kes playing with the twins on the PP, blah blah blah. Torts will get a hell of a lot more effort from this team this year, and I expect nothing but success.

My dream lineup to start the year

line 1: sedin - sedin - jensen (Nicklas just comes to camp and finds some sick chemistry with Danny and Hank, he's got the size and release to put up numbers at this position.)

line 2: horvat - kesler - burrows (I still believe that Horvat is going to fit the Torterella philosophy too well to send him back to Jr. This line has potential to be our most clutch unit, as well as play the shutdown role against any teams top line. Also to note that Horvat could take draws on Keslers weak side as hes a lefty.)

line 3a: booth - schroeder - kassian (I just have a feeling that this group will have amazing chemistry. I really liked what little I saw between Kassian and Booth last year. Both JS and ZK can make plays, DB can drive the net and put pucks on goal, while both he and ZK can forecheck, crash the crease, and play garbage man.)

line 3b: higgins - richardson - hansen (The 3b line is the 3a lines alter ego. this line would be deployed moreso when defending leads, while the 3a line would get more ice when in need of a goal.)

move Kes up to play with the Sedins only works if you have another 2nd line center which we don't.

My line up to start the season. With modifications as time progresses.

Sedins Kassian (give the fans what they want)

Burr Kes Shred (I think this could be a very effective 2nd line if Kes and Shredder could switch after the faceoff. )

Higg Rich Hansen (Nothing wrong with this at all!)

Booth Stantorelli Weise (at least while booth is shaking rust off. Then shredder could be moved to 3c for Booth, Richardson down 4c, Stantorelli out for Lain or Sestito LW)

Torts did say he would put Kesler and Burrows back together so maybe we could see something like this?

Sedin - Kesler - Burrows

Booth - Sedin - Kassian

I think that top six could work.

I like that idea. It seems a little bizarre but I get a strong feeling it could work.

+1

Although I would not mind seeing the Sedins split up. Just to see how they would fare.

I cannot see it being done. Therefore......

1) Sedin / Sedin / Kassian

2) Booth / Kesler / Burrows

3) Higgins / Horvat / Hansen

4) Archibald / Richardson / Weise

I would absolutely give Horvat a shot....He's !@#$% awesome.

If everyone is playing up to expectations, we have a really good team, we will kick ass. Have faith....

Twins aren't getting split up. I know Torts is a new coach, but they're the only guarantee we have going into the season to produce 70-80 points for us. Practically every other forward apart from Kesler and Hansen are wild-cards.

Burrows - getting very old now and if not with the twins will see a huge drop in production

Booth - who knows what he's going to do next year for us, could go either way

Higgins - getting old and hasn't produced for us in the last 2 playoffs at all

Kassian - very inconsistent, could end up in the AHL again for all we know

My dream lineup to start the year

line 1: sedin - sedin - jensen (Nicklas just comes to camp and finds some sick chemistry with Danny and Hank, he's got the size and release to put up numbers at this position.)

line 2: horvat - kesler - burrows (I still believe that Horvat is going to fit the Torterella philosophy too well to send him back to Jr. This line has potential to be our most clutch unit, as well as play the shutdown role against any teams top line. Also to note that Horvat could take draws on Keslers weak side as hes a lefty.)

line 3a: booth - schroeder - kassian (I just have a feeling that this group will have amazing chemistry. I really liked what little I saw between Kassian and Booth last year. Both JS and ZK can make plays, DB can drive the net and put pucks on goal, while both he and ZK can forecheck, crash the crease, and play garbage man.)

line 3b: higgins - richardson - hansen (The 3b line is the 3a lines alter ego. this line would be deployed moreso when defending leads, while the 3a line would get more ice when in need of a goal.)

As much as I want to be with you on that one, I think we'd be dreaming a little big to think of Jensen on the first line, as well as Horvat on the second. Give or take a couple years and they could be explosive.

As much as I want to be with you on that one, I think we'd be dreaming a little big to think of Jensen on the first line, as well as Horvat on the second. Give or take a couple years and they could be explosive.

Could be a better option then kass on the first line? I'm reserving judgement on the rookies till I see them in action this year.

Could be a better option then kass on the first line? I'm reserving judgement on the rookies till I see them in action this year.

Kassian definitely was impressing everyone when he was on with the Sedins, it's too bad it was such a shortcoming. That being said, you have a point. Although doubtful, the chemistry with the rookies may just click.

This is how I see the top 9 starting out:

Daniel/Henrik/Kassian

Burrows/Schroeder/Booth

Higgins/Kesler/Hansen

I like the lines, line numbers might be off.

While booth is out would be nice to see

Daniel/Henrik/Kassian

Burrows/Schroeder/Hansen

Higgins/Kesler/Youth(gaunce/Jensen)

Archived