The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tom Sestito Appreciation Thread

CanucksFanMike

I don't understand the Volpatti love, apart from that lucky punch on Winchester, I saw very little from him.

He skates okay but he can't pass very well and he stickhandles like a caveman killing his dinner.

The Canucks lost him when he was being sent down because his game needed work, he also had trouble cracking the Caps' lineup after.

Tom Sestito - 6'5 228+

Aaron Volpatti - 6'0 215

Volpatti against a legit heavy:

Sestito against a legit heavy:

Tostito is obviously not the best fighter and has balance issues....but he is able to take on the heavies and survive or even fair well.

Lets also not forget he scored 42 goals in his final year with Plymouth and was very good in the Memorial Cup. Yes he did this as a 19/20 year old....but the ability is there.

He also put up over .5PPG in his time in the AHL.

I really think he has the ability to be a 15-25 point guy.

What? That must be a typo.

People rag on this guy pretty harshly but so did many people when Andrew Alberts first joined the club- and look how well he has improved.

I think Sesisto wants to play a much bigger role and contribute more than just a few scraps contrary to what people think.

Im looking forward to seeing a motivated and improved Sesito come training camp.

Knowing whether or not Sestito is a good 4th liner is how to tell if someone is retarded or not.

Hint: He is good, just because he didn't have the finish to get another 5 goals last season doesn't mean he's a plug.

If you think he sucks you're probably born after 1996.

Sestito reminds me of a modern day Momesso. I think the potential is there for him to be a slightly more balanced player. Plus, if he can work on his balance while fighting, he will become a much more feared enforcer. He's spookier than Weise or Volpatti, so he deserves his role just as much as they did.

Why are some of you on Sestito being a good fighter? He has never won a clear fight since he has been here. Some of you need to cut the sauce when you watch these games!

I stand by the fact that Sestito is the most useless player on this team; can't skate, can't score, can't pass and can't fight.

Stick a pylon out there and it would be the same as a Sestito.

Archived