Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nuxfanabroad

Jack Nicholson RETIRING?!

47 posts in this topic

Was reading in the guardian that he's gettin' the gold watch. 76 yrs old, & apparently forgetting his lines. Fifty yrs of incredible movies(maybe I've seen half); incredibly TWELVE Academy nominations. Quite a 50 yr career, for Hollywood's most devilish actor..ever.

Two questions-the flick you think he acted his best(expecting lots of cuckoo's); as well as the Jack role that was most memorable(lasting impression 4U)?

Best.."Cuckoo's Nest", & supporting in:"Terms Of Endearment"

Memorable?(well here's 2): "Carnal Knowledge"(w/Art Garfunkle, who was great also); & "The Postman Always Rings Twice".

Was reading in the guardian that he's gettin' the gold watch. 76 yrs old, & apparently forgetting his lines. Fifty yrs of incredible movies(maybe I've seen half); incredibly TWELVE Academy nominations. Quite a 50 yr career, for Hollywood's most devilish actor..ever.

Two questions-the flick you think he acted his best(expecting lots of cuckoo's); as well as the Jack role that was most memorable(lasting impression 4U)?

Best.."Cuckoo's Nest", & supporting in:"Terms Of Endearment"

Memorable?(well here's 2): "Carnal Knowledge"(w/Art Garfunkle, who was great also); & "The Postman Always Rings Twice".

Jack Nicholson was the best Joker. Come at me Ledger fans!

I'd rather see him retire than take the Robert DeNiro route and make terrible movies for the next decade.

A lot of classic scenes by him. Although this one is much more recent, it still is my favourite: [Language Warning]

I thought he already was retired. Unless I watch an older movie the only time i ever see him is courtside at Lakers games.

I'd guess 70-80% of CDCers haven't seen his brilliant run(about 20 yrs from late 60's to late 80's)..So different from Pacino, but to me, these two seperated themselves from the rest.

I'd guess 70-80% of CDCers haven't seen his brilliant run(about 20 yrs from late 60's to late 80's)..So different from Pacino, but to me, these two seperated themselves from the rest.

Easy Rider and The Shining for me.

Hope he's able to enjoy a long, happy retirement.