The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick Roy Fined $10,000

Drouin

Too funny. Pat Roy (Elway: "The boy's name is Roy" - not raw) fined for being the self-centered egotist he has always been; can't stay out of trouble. Was this his first game? Ha Ha! What a joke! Colorado could not have picked a worse coach. More to come for sure. Next it will be the cops hauling him away; can't wait. Couldn't happen to a bigger piece of shinola.

His team got hot at the right time, good for him. I agree with you that he is a legend, never said he wasn't, He had a huge career and has many accolades. I don't agree, however, that he was nearly as good a goaltender skill wise as Hasek or even Roy was (Roy shouldn't be top 3. Top 6 is more accurate). Hasek is the greatest goaltender in the history of the game, followed by Tretiak, Brodeur, Sawchuk, and Plante. I put Roy 6th.

Mtl in 86 and 93 weren't that great. 93 was just a middle of the road team, but they obliterated Buffalo, who had LaFontaine, Mogilny, and Grant Fuhr in net. Even penaltykiller should be able to admit the Kings team they met in the finals was stacked. It's not a co-incidence the Avs didn't win a cup until immediately after he arrived.

The reason CDC has so many trolls is because they get fed so well around here

If you think Roy was overrated you are wrong. Opinions can be wrong. If you want to say he isn't your favourite goalie go ahead. If you say he is overrated you will be called out on being factually incorrect.

Archived