The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bro Jake & Team1040 - thoughts after a month?

nanaimo

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the new revamped Team 1040, a month after the change?

Personally, I did not care for Bro Jake on Rock 101 and eventually moved stations. I found his schtick to be tired after a while. When he came to Team 1040, I was skeptical but gave it a chance. After a month, I'm tired of him. I find him not very knowledgeable about sports, often regurgitating headlines and stats as his own opinion or contribution on the matter.

While I don't expect him to be as knowledgeable as Sekeres (who has grown on me), I feel that a sports radio host should have some in depth knowledge and provide strong insight into the sport. I do not get that with Bro Jake. His radio "personality" may have been fine for a station that played music but for a sports talk radio station, I think this is a complete miss. When we get into the real nitty gritty of the season, I want to hear about the Canucks, not the Champ.

Rip away.

Anyone that would call themselves Bro Jake can only be a d-bag. The only times I have heard the guy talking is when he is making some off hand lame sexual joke at a completely inappropriate time to cover-up the fact that he has zero sports knowledge, hockey in particular.

Pratt has been decent and at least knows sports.

They need to lose Bro Jake as fast as they can.

Agreed that it's awful.

It's hard to take the show seriously when Bro Jake is not a sports guy. And while Pratt is a sports guy, I got tired of his schtick a long time ago.

I'll be shocked if the show is still going in a years time.

Pratt is such an embarrassment, how does he still find work? As a reported he got busted for plagairism, then as a sports talkshow host he argued that poker should be a sport. On top of all that they pair him with someone with even less sports knowledge. Putting clowns on the air just for the sake them being clowns does not equate to good programming.

Why does this keep getting brought up if you don't like it? If all you want to do is whine and complain about it just call or write into the station and express your feelings to the people who actually care about your opinion on the show.

Yah shame on everyone for discussing on a discussion forum! You can only say nice things on here at all times...sunshine lollipops!!!

:rolleyes:

Probably meant why so many threads about it. This is at least three now.

Apparently a lot of people listen to sports radio in this market(or used to). I used to really enjoy the morning show but not so much anymore. Whining about people whining doesn't equal less whining.

Archived