The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why the Ehrhoff Trade and Ballard Bust is the Biggest Problem to Us

Ugli Fruit

Gillis offered Christian the same 22 point Bieksa contract and he asked to be paid more.

Ehrhoff stated he wanted to stay here but nobody wants to get hosed and their nose rubbed with Gillis ultimatums.

As a fifty point producer anchoring the #1 PP in the league the basis of his request was fair.

Gillis refused to pay him his worth and immediately cut him loose,which tells the story.

The Gillis press machine was grounded to a thud today over in the Hodgson camp.

One would think those that ate all the .org spin would be not spewing the Gillis press machine ancedotes on a day such as this:

I’m no detective, but it would appear contract negotiations between the Vancouver Canucks and defenseman Christian Ehrhoff aren’t going so well. My first clue? After Ehrhoff flatly rejected a similar offer to the five year, $4.6 million deal Kevin Bieksa agreed to the day prior, the Canucks traded him to the New York Islanders.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2011/06/29/call-christian-ehrhoff-and-the-canucks-may-not-be-going-so-well/

What is noteworthy is that Gillis never utilised the asset when he had no intentions to pay him what he was worth to begin with.

We need more Gillis/Booth ,Ballard,Luongo and Sundin contracts like a hole in the head but for crying out loud,Gillis has relegated the highest scoring,best team in the league into glorified muckers in just two years time.

From first to bottom third in the league takes some doing but you do it well,Mike.Now wear it.

im still pretty chocked that we let Erhoff walk

mainly because of Edler and Erhoff chemistry, it was something up and coming

our one, two punch combo and i felt like they were just heating up

and then you have Hammer and Juice building there own solid chemistry

who ever saying we couldnt afford him is in denial

his cap hit is 4mill, peanuts in todays cap world for a D like him

i felt like after the cup run, signing Erhoff and Raffi was a no brainer

out gm'd?

people forget about that 10 years attached to that 4 million cap and even that 4 million cap for a glorified offensive defenseman who's stats were inflated by the Sedins best years

people also forget that the guy can barely play defense isn't physical at all he can put up points that's it and that's a 3-4 million defenseman at best its not the fault of Gillis that he got greedy and was looking for a payday

omg still whining about some player who went for his big pay day , long term contract . no trade clause contract good for erhoof for getting his cash, salo good for him for getting that huge tampa bay pay cheque and welcome to era of a salary caps and a cap that went down 10 million bucks this season I think gmmg didk , not great but ok this summer with the cap change and go cheer for the sabres if you have still a man crush on cody and erhoff

Archived