Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stick-in-Rink

Torts breathing life onto our Canucks

93 posts in this topic

Not even a quarter into the season.

Although correct.. the enthusiasm and pride in our team is a nice change around here..especially when its actually articulated

Yeah, I know. But the last 2 seasons have been the most dreary, and now that we're having a start such as this one, with a new coach, I can't help but be optimistic.

Not saying we should plan the parade right now, but I don't think we're a mediocre team as most think.

Just as Lu said, "Torts won't let us quit."

Why do some of you guys come into positive threads just to spew negativity

Not being negative at all.

The OP is simply saying they look good right now and if they keep it up they could go far.

What's wrong with that?

I agree OP

I think A.V was out coached , and drown out by the end .. wish the best for him .....

now we need 1 more top 6 forward , and this coach can actually do all he can do .. buy out booth ... thanks ...

I don't think we should give up on Booth just yet, he's coming back in a week or so.

I'd give him one more season.

There's nothing wrong with being positive. Even early in the season. Torts has been great. Since his first press conference, through camp and the first 14 games, the guy has made a positive difference to this team. I'm enjoying it. Great straight forward quotes. Nice human interest stories. Fair decisions with players. And, you simply can't argue with the successful start that the team has had.

Every time the camera's on him, he's dropping the bombs.

I love the passion!

Umm, yea, you are.

Nope, not really. It's not an opinion that the team's 14 games into an 82 game season. If their record was the opposite of what it is now and this was a doomsday, sky-is-falling topic I would be pointing out the exact same thing. Keep that in mind. Lots can happen in the next 68 games, temper the expectations.

And people thought A Torts coached team was going to bomb....

The Sedin's are backpacking this team to a playoff spot. I'm enjoying the fact that Torts is okay with giving them big minutes and we're seeing results. The third and fourth lines are thrown in irregular shifts whenever the top lines need a breather. lmfao.

Hope the boys can keep it up. Still a long way to go, but its nice to be winning and watching them play with grit and heart thanks to Tort. Just hope we can keep injuries to a minimum and don't burn out quick with the high minutes of play they are getting.

Why is he breathing on them?