The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts breathing life onto our Canucks

Stick-in-Rink

I feel as if we're watching a rejuvenated team out there. I honestly would have never expected coaching to have made this big of an impact.

I don't want to compare this team to the 2011 one.... but has anyone else been seeing flashes of what we saw in 2011? This team has been playing with confidence for the most part, and I thought talent would be abysmal this season outside of Sedins/Kesler/Luongo, but I've seen more heart from our entire team in about a month then I saw all the last 2 years. This team has an actually identity, one which was severely lacking and needed last season.

It feels weird, but I actually believe in them to go deep this year. I know a lot of the other teams are much stronger on paper, but with our coaching now intact I feel like if everyone plays their role, we could go very far.

Just feeling really hopeful about this team right now.

(Copied from my PGT post)

Do you guys believe we could have a deep run come play-offs?

Not even a quarter into the season.

Yeah, I know. But the last 2 seasons have been the most dreary, and now that we're having a start such as this one, with a new coach, I can't help but be optimistic.

Not saying we should plan the parade right now, but I don't think we're a mediocre team as most think.

Just as Lu said, "Torts won't let us quit."

There's nothing wrong with being positive. Even early in the season. Torts has been great. Since his first press conference, through camp and the first 14 games, the guy has made a positive difference to this team. I'm enjoying it. Great straight forward quotes. Nice human interest stories. Fair decisions with players. And, you simply can't argue with the successful start that the team has had.

Umm, yea, you are.

Nope, not really. It's not an opinion that the team's 14 games into an 82 game season. If their record was the opposite of what it is now and this was a doomsday, sky-is-falling topic I would be pointing out the exact same thing. Keep that in mind. Lots can happen in the next 68 games, temper the expectations.

Hope the boys can keep it up. Still a long way to go, but its nice to be winning and watching them play with grit and heart thanks to Tort. Just hope we can keep injuries to a minimum and don't burn out quick with the high minutes of play they are getting.

Archived