The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Province Article - is Daniel Sedin Done...

cabinessence

Interesting article from The Province on Daniel being done as a scorer.

http://www.theprovin...1985/story.html

Look at other Canuck scorers who have dried up offensively:

Andre Boudrias

Dennis Ververgaert

Markus Naslund (was on the decline at 32)

Stan Smyl

Trevor Linden

Ron Sedlbauer

ThomasGradin

Greg Adams

Geoff Courtnall (he did all right past 32)

Russ Courtnall (major decline at 31)

Greg Adams (did all right but declined in early 30s)

Petri Skriko

Barry Pederson

TonyTanti

Alexander Mogilny did ok for a season in Toronto.

Why are you shocked Daniel would be an anomaly?

Cue a major bass solo!!!!!

Our team is so average when the sedin burrows line isn't firing on all cylinders. Can't believe the people who said kesler is the engine of the team it's clearly henrik and daniel. When they aren't going the whole team struggles to be a contender.

To be fair Kesler is also struggling at the same time.

I don't buy it.

Not comparing directly to Ovi because ages are different (not to mention it Ovi - come on) , but everybody thought Alex was done a few years ago. Now look.

Yeah, Daniel has hit a rough patch, might even be close to P12 rough, but I believe he can bounce back. Maybe he should talk to a sports therapist if it is a mental issue. Confidence is a killer if you don't have any.

Mike Gillis, we love Burrows, but in order to keep the Sedins relevant as they age, you need to give them a TALENTED linemate to gel with. They can't do it all on their own anymore. And Christ, there's no shame in it.

I don't buy it.

Not comparing directly to Ovi because ages are different (not to mention it Ovi - come on) , but everybody thought Alex was done a few years ago. Now look.

Yeah, Daniel has hit a rough patch, might even be close to P12 rough, but I believe he can bounce back. Maybe he should talk to a sports therapist if it is a mental issue. Confidence is a killer if you don't have any.

Mike Gillis, we love Burrows, but in order to keep the Sedins relevant as they age, you need to give them a TALENTED linemate to gel with. They can't do it all on their own anymore. And Christ, there's no shame in it.

Ovechkin has never scored fewer than 32 in a season. CBS!!!

Daniel just needs to get back into his shooting mentality, not only that but regain his confidence.

If you look at this goal in the 2011 season vs the Anaheim Ducks as soon as he gets the puck he's determined to shoot, if he got the same chance in tomorrows game I wouldn't be surprised if he attempts a pass.

You just can't magically lose a shot like Daniels, it just doesn't happen the one thing that he has lost is his confidence but luckily that is something that you can regain.

Wait till the Sedins and Burrows are all back together. Don't jump to conclusions until that happens.

They were together.

And they continued to crap the bed. Burrows has honestly missed at least one GAPING net miss. Even if he's missing those, he should be getting the post and ins, or the little deflections, or the rebound goals, but he isn't. It's not like he's helping facilitate either.

But still, the Sedins have also been solved to some degree. We can't have 'beastmode' Kesler show up once a month for 3-5 games. We really need to have a second line that we can rely on equally.

They were together.

And they continued to crap the bed. Burrows has honestly missed at least one GAPING net miss. Even if he's missing those, he should be getting the post and ins, or the little deflections, or the rebound goals, but he isn't. It's not like he's helping facilitate either.

But still, the Sedins have also been solved to some degree. We can't have 'beastmode' Kesler show up once a month for 3-5 games. We really need to have a second line that we can rely on equally.

This season the twins and Kesler were the only line that has worked well while together but it left a huge depth hole...I would say they need to go back together to see if can get back on track...Worth a shot nothing else seems to be working since the xmas break

Archived