The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bruins interested in Andrej Meszaros

Malcolm Subban+2nd for Andrej Meszaros

Meszaros has a high cap hit which would make further moves difficult, and is only under contract for one more season, his value isn't quite that high.

I could see something like a 2nd/3rd round pick and a B level prospect like Seth Griffith or Anthony Camara for Meszaros though.

Something similar to our trade for Roy last season.

Meszaros has a high cap hit which would make further moves difficult, and is only under contract for one more season, his value isn't quite that high.

I could see something like a 2nd/3rd round pick and a B level prospect like Seth Griffith or Anthony Camara for Meszaros though.

Something similar to our trade for Roy last season.

Didn't know he was a rental, you're right that sounds a lot more reasonable thanks!

I remember him being a bit of a force for Ottawa, but haven't kept up with him. He doesn't have a NTC so he's probably the easiest Flyers D to move? I wonder what the Bruins would be willing to give that Philly would want.

Meszaros is the #7 defenseman on the Flyers. He has only seen the ice this season when filling in for another injured defenseman (mainly Gustufsson who had a lengthy injury). While Gus was hurt though Mez started to play like his old self again and his value is likely back up now which is why they may be shopping him again since they have no intent on resigning him

Mez started his Flyer career great but ran into injury issues and then never seemed to get it back together. His offensive game looks like it's back but he has been a defensive liability so he still continues to get scratched.

Trading him to the Bruins would be odd though unless they got a nice return given the Flyers want to make a strong playoff run and the Bruins are a team they don't need getting better.

If I was to take a guess I would say they are ether seeing if they can get something good back for him or maybe want to dump him and clear some cap for another big move.

IMO though Mez could be a steal for whoever gets him. He has legit talent still but is being misused.

Meszaros is the #7 defenseman on the Flyers. He has only seen the ice this season when filling in for another injured defenseman (mainly Gustufsson who had a lengthy injury). While Gus was hurt though Mez started to play like his old self again and his value is likely back up now which is why they may be shopping him again since they have no intent on resigning him

Mez started his Flyer career great but ran into injury issues and then never seemed to get it back together. His offensive game looks like it's back but he has been a defensive liability so he still continues to get scratched.

Trading him to the Bruins would be odd though unless they got a nice return given the Flyers want to make a strong playoff run and the Bruins are a team they don't need getting better.

If I was to take a guess I would say they are ether seeing if they can get something good back for him or maybe want to dump him and clear some cap for another big move.

IMO though Mez could be a steal for whoever gets him. He has legit talent still but is being misused.

Isn't the Flyers problem that they have 5 high priced left side D? And all similar sort of players. Plus Gustafsson and Gill making 7 rostered LHD? No PMD amongst or true bruiser amongst???

Thats not including Pronger.

Look Meszaros aint a bad player. They handcuffed themselves and begged to be whipped by over capitalizing in these LHD.

If someone takes on any of their D it free's them up to bring in useful parts.

Take it and run!

Archived