The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{Trade Deadline} What to expect

VaNux

Just wondering what people realistically expect to happen for the Canucks tomorrow.

Personally myself, I think it will be disappointing. I think the Philly deal will not go down, and the Pitts package will not be good enough.

I see people criticizing Gillis, saying we did nothing but get trade Luongo for mediocre return.

I vote nothing will happen, we needed goal scoring and Gillis acted by trading our #1 goalie, pretty sure this will result in more goal scoring.......for the other team.

(Sorry Eddie, you have played great, just had to take this shot at Gillis)

Just wondering what people realistically expect to happen for the Canucks tomorrow.

Personally myself, I think it will be disappointing. I think the Philly deal will not go down, and the Pitts package will not be good enough.

I see people criticizing Gillis, saying we did nothing but get trade Luongo for mediocre return.

Kesler will almost certainly be going to the Pens. The return will be Sutter, Matta, Pouliot and a 1st 2014. That will allow the Flyers to come in and deal for Edler. The return for Edler will be Couturier and Sam Morin the only issue is money on both the flyers and pens.

The team is resetting- not rebuilding. With Matta, Pouliot and Morin in the system the future looks bright for the D. With Sutter, Couturier and Matthias our center position is set. This gives Horvat time to develop. Shinkurak will be ready for the big club next year and so will Jensen. Kassian will look sweet on Couturier's wing.

Kesler will almost certainly be going to the Pens. The return will be Sutter, Matta, Pouliot and a 1st 2014. That will allow the Flyers to come in and deal for Edler. The return for Edler will be Couturier and Sam Morin the only issue is money on both the flyers and pens.

The team is resetting- not rebuilding. With Matta, Pouliot and Morin in the system the future looks bright for the D. With Sutter, Couturier and Matthias our center position is set. This gives Horvat time to develop. Shinkurak will be ready for the big club next year and so will Jensen. Kassian will look sweet on Couturier's wing.

If we got that from the Pens for Kesler, I will give you $100. Literally, bring this back up and I would gladly pay

-Kesler is traded (high chance anyways)

-Edler will not be traded (no one overpays enough for MG to swing a deal on a guy who is only 27 and is just reaching his prime)

-At least one of Higgins, Hansen, or Burrows is traded; I'm guessing it will be Hansen... maybe to Winnipeg for 2nd rounder + average prospect? But I'm not hoping that Hansen will be traded, I like Hansen.

-Booth will not be traded. Although I hope he does... but doubt it.

-No defensemen will be traded

Kesler will almost certainly be going to the Pens. The return will be Sutter, Matta, Pouliot and a 1st 2014.

Ridiculous. as if the pens would give up that for Kes. They already said they were not going to trade matta...

Expectations are wayyyy to high on CDC

What I want done:

Trade Bieksa, Hansen, Garrison, Booth, Burrows + any other dead weight

Keep Kesler, Edler +

What will happen:

MG will trade away Kesler and Edler and we will be stuck with all the plugs that actually need to go…

What I want done:

Trade Bieksa, Hansen, Garrison, Booth, Burrows + any other dead weight

Keep Kesler, Edler +

What will happen:

MG will trade away Kesler and Edler and we will be stuck with all the plugs that actually need to go…

Bieksa is one of the few that I'm against trading. The rest can go, just please, keep Bieksa.

Here's what I want to happen tomorrow and in the summer. :P

Booth - for a very late draft pick or future considerations....

Edler - to Philly for Laughton

Kesler + Schroeder - to Anaheim for Etem + Rakell + Ottawa's 1st

Higgins - to a contender for a draft pick (2nd or 3rd)

Burrows - to NYR for Hagelin

He's got high hopes. He's got high hopes. He's got high apple pie in the skyyyyyyy hopes. Neither of those deals are ever going to happen. Penguins will never part with Matta. Flyers will not part with Couturier or Morin unless Kesler goes the other way, and if that happens, only one of them comes back at most.

I expect a completely random, seemingly useless deal that actually provides significant value.

I also expect an AHL swap.

And an unexpected, significant deal that no-one predicted.

Though it should happen, I don't think kes will be traded. There will be some big uproar as to how neither Pitt nor Philly ever actually tabled an offer.

Archived