The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

;your you're there their they're

73 Percent

let me introduce myself. My name is goosebeerries. I, like many others, am in no way grammatically correct when I post on cdc. however as crazy as it may seem I am aware of all the meanings of the above posted words (your you're there their they're).

while I do know the difference and the correct way to use all said words, I do not feel inclined to use them all properly on an internet forum. so please if you see an error in any of my replies or posts, feel free to keep the correction to yourself. I already know and dont care.

I know this thread will 100% be locked within 15 minutes or so as it is pointless. I still find this thread right on par with grammar nazis replying to a post containing a single word correction like "you're".

So yet again please keep your grammar and spelling corrections to yourself unless your grading a paper or an official document of some sort.

Thanks for YOUR time,

Gooseberries

Why not practice using them correctly?

Bad habits are hard to break. Nothing turns prospective employers or chicks off more than poor grammar.

732a52cb_TheMoreYouKnow.gif

do you eat pizza with a fork and knife? probably not. are you going to forget proper table manners when you actually need them? nope.

also LOL at turning girls off with poor grammar. I could understand if one was illiterate, but I dont see poor grammar as a deal breaker. I just thought that part ofYOU'RE post was funny. YOU'RE right about employers though.

When you're trying to make a point, poor grammar makes your content seem less legitimate. It's not like you're saving a whole lot of time by using these words incorrectly, so why not just use the right ones?

Agreed, when I read a post with bad use of your examples, it automatically drops it down a notch of respect.

When you're trying to make a point, poor grammar makes your content seem less legitimate. It's not like you're saving a whole lot of time by using these words incorrectly, so why not just use the right ones?

Agreed, when I read a post with bad use of your examples, it automatically drops it down a notch of respect.

I'm relieved that this thread led to an actual discussion. Shocked, but relieved.

Here's a question for you. What is the ratio of your posts origin?

(phone:computer)

I'll bite. I try not to post from my phone ever because constructing sentences is a pain in the ass. In all honesty I would rather not post anything than post something with no capital letters or punctuation that is loaded with spelling mistakes because I know better than that.

Also, because of the 2 previous quotes. Something written poorly will never be taken seriously by as many people as it could have were it well written.

Archived