The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2nd rounder 36th overall

Bobby_Lu1ngo

Agreed, I see Lemieux and Sanheim as great targets, for possible late first pick if we aquire one

Think neither makes it to the 2nd round? I like the shrewd moves when a GM can move up in the 2nd round or later without making a 'blockbuster' to get the guy he wants.

Is Anthony DeAngelo a possibility at 36th? His attitude is just as insane as his point totals I know but if all the guys mentioned are gone.

Between the attitude issues and refusal to play defense as a defenseman, I would have deangelo on the do-not-draft list

I remember reading some statistics on whether draft day fallers do better than draft day risers (Ie. a draft day faller is someone ranked at 20 falling to 40 and vice versa). You would think that draft day fallers have more overall skill and therefore do better than the draft day riser but in fact, draft day risers tend to have better NHL careers on average. Sanheim and Lemieux could be potential risers and I see DeAngelo as a faller...avoid at all costs.

I remember reading some statistics on whether draft day fallers do better than draft day risers (Ie. a draft day faller is someone ranked at 20 falling to 40 and vice versa). You would think that draft day fallers have more overall skill and therefore do better than the draft day riser but in fact, draft day risers tend to have better NHL careers on average. Sanheim and Lemieux could be potential risers and I see DeAngelo as a faller...avoid at all costs.

It makes sense though, the risers are on the upside and really developing, whereas the fallers may have peaked already

Lemieux, Sanheim, or if Scherbak/Schmaltz/Bleackley fall. Not a big fan of drafting a goalie. We've got way bigger fish to fry.

an elite goalie can give any team a chance to win. Van has 3 goalies competing for time, but they are all the same age (roughly) with no one in the system to come up after them. Demko would be a great addition to the prospect pool, and if you're starting a rebuild, BPA goes a long way over positional needs.

an elite goalie can give any team a chance to win. Van has 3 goalies competing for time, but they are all the same age (roughly) with no one in the system to come up after them. Demko would be a great addition to the prospect pool, and if you're starting a rebuild, BPA goes a long way over positional needs.

I'd be okay with Demko at 36.. although I don't see him being there at that spot.

We are severely lacking in goal prospects in the 18-23 year old range.

Dangerous for the future.

Perhaps target one of Daniel Vlader, Maxim Tretiak or MacKenzie Blackwood in 2015?

I'd be okay with Demko at 36.. although I don't see him being there at that spot.

We are severely lacking in goal prospects in the 18-23 year old range.

Dangerous for the future.

Perhaps target one of Daniel Vlader, Maxim Tretiak or MacKenzie Blackwood in 2015?

Felix Sandstrom is a highly touted swedish goaltender for the 2015 draft. Can't beat his name either

Felix Sandstrom is a highly touted swedish goaltender for the 2015 draft. Can't beat his name either

Another good option. Brynas has had some real success with developing goaltenders and Vancouver clearly agrees..

Anders Linback, Jacob Markstom, Eddie Lack, Joacim Eriksson, Niklas Svedberg, Oscar Dansk....

Archived