The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another work shooting in the USA... oh wait no In Nanaimo.

Dittohead

http://www.theprovince.com/news/confirmed+dead+shooting+Nanaimo+mill+suspect+taken+into+custody/9791479/story.html

Two workers were shot and killed and two injured when a suspected former employee of the Western Forest Products mill in Nanaimo opened fire early Wednesday morning.

We can confirm that at about 7 a.m. we received a 911 call about shots fired at a business in Nanaimo, Nanaimo RCMP said in a brief statement. Our members attended the scene within minutes, entered the building and arrested a suspect believed responsible for the shooting.

Western Forest Products CEO Don Demens told media gathered at a noon press conference in Nanaimo that the suspect was a former employee.

I bet he was wrongfully laid off and he was trying to get revenge. People usually don't take it this hard when they get fired because the reasons might be justified. To take it to this level means there is more to this story.

RIP to the workers who lost their lives today. Regardless of what country it's in, it is still a tragic event and should be treated as such

Absolutely, any loss of life is sad. I am glad to see it wasn't in the double digits though as it easily could have been worse.

I bet he was wrongfully laid off and he was trying to get revenge. People usually don't take it this hard when they get fired because the reasons might be justified. To take it to this level means there is more to this story.

People who were fired for good reason are able to suspend reality in their minds sometimes to come up with all sorts of outside reasons and conspiracies around their firing.

"Sure I spent 7 hours a day on Facebook instead of doing my job but the boss was just out to get me"

i;m going to go out on a limb and say the guy was a mental case

Nice comment, I live here and I'd rather be here than ANYWHERE on the lower mainland. RIP to Mike and the other victim. Prayers go out to the wounded and all families.

Trevor would probably be very unhappy an idiot like you is using his name.

Nice comment, I live here and I'd rather be here than ANYWHERE on the lower mainland. RIP to Mike and the other victim. Prayers go out to the wounded and all families.

Trevor would probably be very unhappy an idiot like you is using his name.

I live here too? Hence why I feel i'm qualified to use the moniker.

Archived