The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

21 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I also try to explore everything so I don't miss any good loot. Interesting, the hardest difficulty sounds a lot like Survival from Fallout 4. I usually start off on normal and once I get better stuff and start rolling enemies I'll turn up the difficulty. Do you get more XP from a harder setting? I like when they entice you like that.

Honestly, other than selling junk at vendors and vending machines for "bits" and building parts, it's not really a loot game.  You can concentrate on, and enjoy, the story. 

The Mark 2 (MK2) weapons have the same DPS as the MK1's.  The devs either did that on purpose or just got lazy/ran out of time to properly balance items.  You'll see once you start completing quests and the xp and levels start rolling in.

Not sure on the XP as I'm still on the late middle part of my first run through of the game on the 2nd hardest setting.

Edited by SabreFan1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 1:06 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Honestly, other than selling junk at vendors and vending machines for "bits" and building parts, it's not really a loot game.  You can concentrate on, and enjoy, the story. 

The Mark 2 (MK2) weapons have the same DPS as the MK1's.  The devs either did that on purpose or just got lazy/ran out of time to properly balance items.  You'll see once you start completing quests and the xp and levels start rolling in.

Not sure on the XP as I'm still on the late middle part of my first run through of the game on the 2nd hardest setting.

Have you gotten to Tartarus yet? I have no idea what to do lol

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

What mission are you on?

I completely beat the game, all the side missions and got to Level 30 between now and when I posted.

Phineas just got imprisoned by the board, I went to his lab and he left a message and a Tartarus NAV key. I flew to Tartarus but as soon as I leave the landing pad everybody starts shooting and I can't leave.

20 hours ago, Baer. said:

Phineas just got imprisoned by the board, I went to his lab and he left a message and a Tartarus NAV key. I flew to Tartarus but as soon as I leave the landing pad everybody starts shooting and I can't leave.

If the faction is hostile to you, just kill them all so you can leave because the relationship between you and the faction can't be fixed at that point. Are you trying to help Phineas? If so don't worry that they're hostile because they're supposed to be since what you're doing is going against The Board. Just have fun massacring the evil pricks.

Edited by Xbox

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

If the faction is hostile to you, just kill them all so you can leave because the relationship between you and the faction can't be fixed at that point. Are you trying to help Phineas? If so don't worry that they're hostile because they're supposed to be since what you're doing is going against The Board. Just have fun massacring the evil pricks.

I can't even get passed the first room of guys lol I think I am underleveled for this mission...

Edited by Baer.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, Baer. said:

Have you gotten to Tartarus yet? I have no idea what to do lol

Whoops.  Just noticed this post now...  I wonder how I missed it in my notifications.

I assume you've beaten the game by now. 

It was very entertaining, but entirely too easy.  I've moved on to Wasteland 2.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Whoops.  Just noticed this post now...  I wonder how I missed it in my notifications.

I assume you've beaten the game by now. 

It was very entertaining, but entirely too easy.  I've moved on to Wasteland 2.

Haven't touched it since I made that comment. Still in the same spot. Life happens, and I'm also currently in the middle of a Crusader Kings 2 campaign, which drew my attention. :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Baer. said:

Haven't touched it since I made that comment. Still in the same spot. Life happens, and I'm also currently in the middle of a Crusader Kings 2 campaign, which drew my attention. :rolleyes:

I'd imagine there will be walkthroughs posted on the net by the time you get back to it again.  That'll make things easier for you.  You could also hex edit your cash amount if the game is too difficult for you and you need some free upgrades to your weapons.

Hey,

is there a bc build thread? If not, anyone here familiar or interested?

I have about $1500-$2000 to build a new PC but I'm out of touch on what's the latest this and that.

I basically stream shows and play games like BFV, Civ, etc.

:)

3 hours ago, inane said:

Hey,

I have about $1500-$2000 to build a new PC but I'm out of touch on what's the latest this and that.

I just rebuilt my whole system and did way too much research. Do you have a case, monitor etc?

21 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I just rebuilt my whole system and did way too much research. Do you have a case, monitor etc?

I have an old computer that's crapping out so really I want to start from scratch.  I have a case, etc but screw it I want new stuff.

The only thing I don't need is a new monitor. 

15 minutes ago, inane said:

I have an old computer that's crapping out so really I want to start from scratch.  I have a case, etc but screw it I want new stuff.

The only thing I don't need is a new monitor. 

The smell of new parts is addictive.

To preface, here's my current system:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bribbbs/saved/#view=8794nQ

I play BFV and Civ and both run well. BFV especially is unbelievably smooth. I also use this PC for video editing, coding, and running virtual boxes and it's an absolute champ. It is a small mini-itx form factor though, so there are a few contraints and it's an ass to put together.

If I was making it all new, I would do something like this for midrange:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bribbbs/saved/#view=H6x8Mp

And more high-end:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bribbbs/saved/#view=Rky6RB

Both are standard larger ATX formats. AMD processors and GPUs are hot at the moment, providing more power for the money than intel. Either system will play anything at high-ultra settings and provide solid workstation performance. Both processors come with decent coolers, so you don't need to spend extra on that.

The case has great airflow without being too pre-teeny. If you really like bright lights and colours there are better options, but Fractal cases are good to work with and understated.

For the hard-drives, you'll want at least one SSD, preferably Samsung, to store your OS and games, and something larger for extra capacity.

Everything else is pretty much your preference, but https://pcpartpicker.com lets you filter and browse a billion different setups to get some ideas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, inane said:

Hey,

Intel core i7 7700

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

3TB HDD

128GB SSD for OS

16 GB RAM

Windows 10

Acer GF276 Monitor

Runs all games 1080p on ultra at about 60-120 fps for new games like Apex Legends and about 200-300 fps for older games like CS:GO

total cost <$1400

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 3 months later...