The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

3090, and the top of the line AMD processor (the new 5000 series). He has a couple 4k monitors. The guy is insane with his computer builds. But he's married to his computer so it's money well spent in that regard. 

Fair enough! He'll even be able to play cyberpunk.

After 13 hours and 15 minutes, finally finished Getting Over It. A game that, once you've finished it 2 or 3 times, will only take you somewhere in the 20-30 minute range to finish it going forward. Speed runners finish in less than a minute and a half. But first play through has taken people up to 30 hours of gameplay to finally finish it. And of the millions that have played, only 6.3% have finished it.

I hate this game with every fibre of my being. But I've never been so relieved once finished a game.

20201218_040552.thumb.jpg.d30b2a28623ce545e2ece03260853777.jpg

• Cheers 1

Just built a new PC but couldn't get my hands on any of the 2070 or higher cards..or if I could were over priced.  

Went with:

Ryzen 3600x

Msi x570 board

32g corsair vengeance RAM 4000 speed 

Noctua cooler (so quiet and very close to liquid coolers in performance) 

Msi 1660 super gtx gpu - will pick up a Radeon 6800xt once MSI or gigabyte release their aftermarket versions.  

I picked up a huge Thermaltake RBG case but the 3 extra fans I added from them seem to have issues being recognized by their own software...  going to swap in some corsair ones or something.  

Next year I'll put in a current Gen ryzen with radiator cooling and fully pimp it out :)

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Just built a new PC but couldn't get my hands on any of the 2070 or higher cards..or if I could were over priced.  

Went with:

Ryzen 3600x

Msi x570 board

32g corsair vengeance RAM 4000 speed 

Noctua cooler (so quiet and very close to liquid coolers in performance) 

Msi 1660 super gtx gpu - will pick up a Radeon 6800xt once MSI or gigabyte release their aftermarket versions.  

I picked up a huge Thermaltake RBG case but the 3 extra fans I added from them seem to have issues being recognized by their own software...  going to swap in some corsair ones or something.  

Next year I'll put in a current Gen ryzen with radiator cooling and fully pimp it out :)

Is it tempered glass case?

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased East Shade during the Steam sale that run through to the 5th of Jan. I have been eyeballing this game for the last 6 months and never pulled the trigger until tonight. The game looks absolutely stunning and is a peaceful open-world exploration-adventure game. You travel around as a painter and take in and capture the beauty of the East Shade world. You meet interesting people, take on painting assignments, and can even listen go poetry at the local inn. 

This isn't my typical game but with how dark and cold 2020 was. I think its time I try something different that peaks my interest and curiosity. The game is $14.49 CA on sale right now if you want to check it out. Right now is definitely the time to buy some games on steam as many games are heavily marked down.

Very intriguing game. I will let you all know how it feels after tomorrow's WJC festivities. Cheers all

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

WOW Classic. Not as much of a grind as retail when you get to 60.

PVP was consumable crazy and all the world buffs ruined it for me. Once I got 9/9 T3 I quit not much after that. It was just as much of a grind but just in a different way. It actually ruined it all for me and am skipping BC altogether.  I'd be back for WOTLK if they do that one though. 

Solasta coming out late May.

I was devastated to learn Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous isn't out until September. While I get and appreciate releasing a fully polished product, it sucks going through the summer without getting to play it. Perhaps I'll cave and buy the polished up beta in July/August. I can't imagine the final product is going to be a whole of a lot better a month prior to release. The beta already looks very, very good. 

4 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

PVP was consumable crazy and all the world buffs ruined it for me. Once I got 9/9 T3 I quit not much after that. It was just as much of a grind but just in a different way. It actually ruined it all for me and am skipping BC altogether.  I'd be back for WOTLK if they do that one though. 

Depends what class you are. 1 death they all gone too. 

I am play rogue so ima have fuuuuuuun

20 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Depends what class you are. 1 death they all gone too. 

I am play rogue so ima have fuuuuuuun

Played a rogue. With claw, servo arm and gressil. Hemo ganking is fun at this point. One bad cleave in AQ40 or Naxx and rip buffs.  Ive died like 3 or 4 pulls in so many times. 

Pvp wise it was ridiculous how many FAPs and engineering I was using and as servers were way too crowded prices on AH were ridic.

• 4 weeks later...

Playing MSFT Flight Simulator 2020. Doing lower mainland and the Valley flights right now. Going to expand to the island the rest of the province soon and fly up the coast. Pretty cool but tricky flighting at night (it uses real time and weather).

No description available.

On a side note, does Squamish not have a proper airfield or airport? I did a night time fly there and had to let the AI take over the landing because the final approach scared me since the runway had few lights and no real indication of where it was and I didn't want to crash and die :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 6:27 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

I wouldn't mind these games but without a flight stick or wheel and pedals, it seems.. a half assed experience. Then those things themselves aren't cheap and you've gotta be committed to it, so.. 

Yeah I got the wheel, pedals and scanning sensor so the screen pans it's view as I turn my head, it's really quite a neat gadget as it has motion range along all three axis.

American Truck Simulator will soon be releasing Wyoming and Texas, so that will bring them up to 11 states and it's most of the big ones,

Washington

Oregon 

Idaho

California

Nevada

Arizona

Utah

New Mexico

Colorado

Once they go further east the DLC will be coming more quickly I assume as states like Kansas and Nebraska are likely a lot easier to do scenery for.

They're also quite generous, I mean one state dlc only costs about 12 Euros and you get a lot for the value as they add tons of free stuff to the game all the time. Plus when they release new states they usually bundle the older ones into some nice sales packages for those who are new to the game.

They also are starting to go back and update some of the original content states so the scenery is on par with their newer releases, all for free, a really great software company IMO.

Edited by canuckster19
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Yeah I got the wheel, pedals and scanning sensor so the screen pans it's view as I turn my head, it's really quite a neat gadget as it has motion range along all three axis.

How does MSFS run for you? Like many people, Nvidia or AMD, I am running into CTD nearly off the bat - unmodded base game - driver timeouts due to VCRUNTIME140.dll

• Like 1