The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom- Whats going to happen with him?

JustABandwagoner

I'm not completely sure why people seem to think Markstrom won't clear waivers. After all, he was playing for the Panthers AHL team when he was acquired, so he must have cleared waivers when he was sent down then. And it's not like he's done anything to make him any more attractive to other teams since then.

He's going to quietly sob into his cornflakes for a few days. Then he's going to get really determined and show up in camp and outplay Miller so badly that the Canucks have NO CHOICE but to hand him the #1 starting position.

It will leave us no choice but to trade Miller to a team for a 1st round pick in 2015.

That team will badly crash and burn missing the playoffs by a mile and will magically win the draft lottery, gifting us McDavid next summer........

How's that for a story line?? B)

He's going to quietly sob into his cornflakes for a few days. Then he's going to get really determined and show up in camp and outplay Miller so badly that the Canucks have NO CHOICE but to hand him the #1 starting position.

It will leave us no choice but to trade Miller to a team for a 1st round pick in 2015.

That team will badly crash and burn missing the playoffs by a mile and will magically win the draft lottery, gifting us McDavid next summer........

Oh yeah...I left out that Markstrom backstops the Canucks to a surprise upset of the Anaheim ducks, defeating them in 6 games with Markstrom shutting the Ducks out the final 3 games in route to a SHOCKED NHL watching Vancouver march to its first ever Stanley Cup win.

Jim Benning, Trevor Linden, WD and Markstrom all have statues setup out side of Rogers arena and are subsequently handed the keys to the city right after the Stanley Cup parade!

The day after the parade, Former GM MG is carted away from Rogers Arena in a Straight Jacket due to trying to deface the statues, while babbling wildly about how it should all be his! He spends the next 15 years in a padded room writing slogans on the walls with crayons that he holds with his mouth due to being in straight jacket full time!

I'm all in for that :/

I doubt Markstrom would clear waivers so one has to assume there will be a trade. He still young as a tender. Should be a limited market.

I disagree, there is a chance he clears waivers. He hasn't shown much in the NHL yet so any team taking him has to keep him on their NHL roster.

I disagree, there is a chance he clears waivers. He hasn't shown much in the NHL yet so any team taking him has to keep him on their NHL roster.

Exactly right. I realize some fans want Markstrom to be the high-end prospect he was originally touted to be because they don't want the Luongo trade to be as awful as it was, but the fact is that his stock plummeted for a reason. He was in the AHL when the Canucks got him and no one picked him up when the Panthers sent him down to their AHL affiliate.

he'll be placed on waivers & In my head I think he clears but my gut says otherwise, just wait until the last possible second to do so, that way teams have already filled their voids in net & hopefully you'll be able to squeak him by. But a very friendly cap hit,a giant frame & he's still rather young. He still needs more time, he's not NHL ready at all.

he'll be placed on waivers & In my head I think he clears but my gut says otherwise, just wait until the last possible second to do so, that way teams have already filled their voids in net & hopefully you'll be able to squeak him by. But a very friendly cap hit,a giant frame & he's still rather young. He still needs more time, he's not NHL ready at all.

Markstrom would never clear waivers.

The Ryan Miller signing (agree with it or not) has made one of Lack and Markstrom expandable.

The idea of a package deal to the Jets is interesting and they are one of few teams that really need better goaltending. I think Lack has more value and I think Markstrom has similar upside so Lack makes more sense to be moved. Add Hansen to players that make sense for Winnipeg and you have the start of a package for one of their players. The Canucks need offense.

Lack, Hansen, and Shinkaruk for Kane?

Archived