The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keslers return

Orka

Just wondering what everyone's expecting when kes comes back to the rog.... Personally I think it's going to be really mixed in the crowd, knowing canucks fans there's gonna be a lot of hate.

I hope they play a tribute on the big screen during a commercial break or something and give him a chance to acknowledge the fans and city...

I can't wrap my head around the hate towards him, but I know it'll blow over in a few years. The guy was a class act and truly gave his heart and soul to the franchise, I'll never forget his goal against the preds and his amazing run during the 2011 cup run.

I can't help but continue to hate the vancouver media, constantly bashing our own players and just grilling them during interviews, especially with the caption on subbans picture yesterday... Just ridiculous. First Bure now Kes...

Just wondering what everyone's expecting when kes comes back to the rog.... Personally I think it's going to be really mixed in the crowd, knowing canucks fans there's gonna be a lot of hate.

I hope they play a tribute on the big screen during a commercial break or something and give him a chance to acknowledge the fans and city...

I can't wrap my head around the hate towards him, but I know it'll blow over in a few years. The guy was a class act and truly gave his heart and soul to the franchise, I'll never forget his goal against the preds and his amazing run during the 2011 cup run.

I can't help but continue to hate the vancouver media, constantly bashing our own players and just grilling them during interviews, especially with the caption on subbans picture yesterday... Just ridiculous. First Bure now Kes...

You can't wrap your head around the hate for a guy who is a ego maniac, primadonna, who clearly didn't care for the team, only himself?

wow...

this part made my lol. Class acts don't give you a list 1 one team you want to go to.....

Exactly....don't see how fans don't see the hypocracy is having a NTC with a list of 5 teams (for when the TEAM ASKS TO MOVE YOU)....

But when you want out you choose 1 team vs accepting a trade anywhere since effectively the team didn't ask you to move...

they need to change that in the CBA

Nick Bonino goes to Safeway the day before the game and buys some bananas for a pre-game pick-me-up snack. He eats them fast and hastily discards the peels on the parking lot ground as he does not want to be late to face his former team, the Ducks.

During the game, the banana energy pushes him to a five goal performance against Kesler and the Ducks.

Bonino's five goal performance awards the first ever winner of Safeway's Million Dollar Score and Win.

The contestant for the night just happens to be Nick Bonino as he swiped his Safeway club card when he bought those bananas the night before.

After the game, a disgruntled Kesler, careless in his haste to leave the city, slips on the banana peels in the parking lot of Rogers Arena and injures his hip.

Yes he gave a 1 team trade list, but that doesn't take away everything he did for us.

Show some class people, maybe one day he'll come back.

That being said. I'd give him a massive ovation at first and then just ignore his existence the rest of the game. That'll piss him off.

If we boo him it'll just feed his motivation

I think the hate is ridiculous, For people saying he was selfish and didn't care about the team, are you kidding me? He spent ten years of his life here and gave it all night in and night out. Imo he's earned the right to try and achieve greatness else where.

It's also pathetic listening to the cry baby haters, who I'm guessing were praising him just a few years ago.

Let it go, and try and act like a true hockey fan. He's just like any other person, trying to succeed in his career. Just give him a break. He was a hard worker for us and i'm sure there will always be a place in his heart for the Canucks, but he's moved on.

If i were lucky enough to see him in Vancouver when he returns I would definitely give him a big ovation.

Although i'm assuming the crowd will have a mixed reaction.

Well considering the fact that people boo'd when McCann mentioned his name while up on the summer summit I'm quite sure they'll boo him there...

I for one, do not understand why everyone all of a sudden hates him. Just another player who wants a cup, and he wasn't gonna get it anytime soon with this roster.

this part made my lol. Class acts don't give you a list 1 one team you want to go to.....

Iginla did the same thing, and fans of every team think he walks on water. Countless players have used their NTC rights in full. Take your beefs up with our former management team.

As far as the game goes, reality is, he is prob gonna play with an extra gear, and likely be successful. We don't have the firepower to consistently take Anaheim.

Lu only waived to FLA, a lot seems to be forgiven there... A few players have flat out refused to be traded, handcuffing management even more so. Most players that have power, will use it. Especially older players who have paid there due and want to maximize their chances of success. That and not live in ******* Edmonton.

He worked hard when out on the Ice for the Canucks. He gets respect for that.
That being said, Cant help but have a bad taste after his departure from saying he only wants to go to one team for a trade. Really handcuffs the team.

Kesler plays better angry, a crowd booing him would be enough to turn him into a beast while playing the Canucks.

I think if they announced him to the crowd and no one said a single thing..... Just silence. He would be stunned and confused and thrown off his game.

Archived