The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Benning will "look at" dealing either Lack or Markstrom

I agree, teams number one priority at the draft isn’t to solidify their backup goalie, especially when there will be other options in UFA that cost nothing to acquire. That’s what team do before heading into post season.

A few teams have had some goalies go down with injury. We should probably act quickly while there is a low in the market. Lack has a cheap cap hit and would improve any contending teams goaltending stability.

Nashville I do think is an option. Especially if they don’t have to give up a roster spot. We saw last year what happened when Rinne was out of the lineup. They may have playoff cushion but it would be much better for them to go after the division title than have to face up against chi or stl. They won’t want to lose ground.

Who to trade Marky or Lack? Are the Canucks rebuilding or not? If they are rebuilding I trade Miller at the deadline. Biggest bang for the buck.

Someone said Marky has never had a chance in the NHL. He has played 8 fewer games than Lack. His NHL career is 12W 27L with no SO and a SV% .896. The bulk of his games (23) were as a 22 year old and his SV% during that stretch was .896. Consider his defense in Florida was brutal.

Lack has played 47 games; 19W 23L 5SO with a career 0.912 SV%. Most of those games were last year after Lu was traded and the team had cratered. His team defense was pretty bad as well. 5 SO which should have been 9 IMHO but his defense let him down.

Lack has shown a serious NHL capability and Marky has not. He has had a number of stellar AHL seasons and might be ready as well. Again, if a rebuild I deal Miller because his value would be exceptional and it is a better than normal draft year. If Benning moved some vets out front he might keep Miller's stability and move the younger guys. If that was the deal I would keep Lack as he could step in next year if needed. Marky's AHL season has probably raised his value again but his return probably not much better than a 3rd unless Utica won the Calder Cup.

I don’t see Miller being dealt, canucks are not rebuilding, We are competing for a playoff spot. Canucks have Miller for 2 more season after this year. Lack would be 29 before he started taking full time reigns. That timeline fits trading Lack and bringing up Markstrom and giving him 2 years of development, plus Lack would provide a bit more in return.

I agree, teams number one priority at the draft isn’t to solidify their backup goalie, especially when there will be other options in UFA that cost nothing to acquire. That’s what team do before heading into post season.

A few teams have had some goalies go down with injury. We should probably act quickly while there is a low in the market. Lack has a cheap cap hit and would improve any contending teams goaltending stability.

Nashville I do think is an option. Especially if they don’t have to give up a roster spot. We saw last year what happened when Rinne was out of the lineup. They may have playoff cushion but it would be much better for them to go after the division title than have to face up against chi or stl. They won’t want to lose ground.

i agree just depends what they would give up tho. id like to get ellis from them, hes hurt now though

lack and kassian for?

Lack to Nashville to Colton Sissons, Young left winger with potential, great AHL numbers last year (62GP - 25G, 19A, 44P) but slowed down this year (40GP-11G, 5A, 16PT). Has good size, great defensively and is coming into his own offensively. Theres a risk that he has reached his ceiling for points but would fill an organizational need for young LW with NHL upside.

i agree just depends what they would give up tho. id like to get ellis from them, hes hurt now though

lack and kassian for?

Or, Lack, Kassian and Higgins for? If there's a team out there that wants to make a bigger trade.

Markstrom's value aint that great, maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Lack could potentially fetch a forward or D prospect at the B to C level no grade A prospect will be given up for him. Benning is probably hoping for draft picks in the 2nd round in a deep draft, those will be tough to get for these guys. Goalies just don't bring in huge returns, epeically ones at Lack and Markstroms level.

Don't get your hopes too high (again).

Markstrome

Kassain

Tyler bertuzzi

Quellet

I know detroit has mzarek But other than that they dont really have goaltender who can play NHL minutes

It is impressive that you got just about every name in this post wrong. Not only that but the trade would net the Canucks 2 "C" grade prospects.

Nashville last year without Rinne actually wasn't that bad. Carter Hutton went 20-11-5 with a .910% saves.

I do think the trade could work now though. Hutton hasn't been remotely as good as he was last season.

If Lack/Kass plus our 1st could fetch a top 12 pick at the draft if there is a guy like Werenski/Kylington/Provarov sp* there I would say its a must even Barzal/Marner though were stocked at C If any of those guys could fall to us that's a move we have to make.

i agree with you dude ..

Archived