The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(E5) Sedins Have Been Contaminated with...

apollo

:mellow:

They’re soft. Always have been always will be.

Well, considering they can be relied on night in/out, injured, sick, whatever...no.

Here's what some of the armchair tough guys need to understand...this GAME is tough, so just playing it makes everyone on the ice tougher than you are by default. How about you challenge them up the Grouse Grind to see who comes out on top?

Toughness is multi faceted. Gooning doesn't always indicate overall "toughness". Anyone can take a cheap shot then run away and hide behind a Chara.

This is such a moronic comment. Anyone could see that the refs are extremely biased toward Boston. They just needed an excuse to penalise the Canucks. It was the same way in 2011, it was the same way on the 24th.

Marchand and the Bruins have their goon reputation because they get away with murder and the NHL turns a blind eye to them. They know that the moment anyone fights back they get a penalty and they use it to their advantage.

Having Daddy Campbell holding the sheriff's badge definitely helps.

I see. So the logical move is to just take the abuse when you're down 5-2 with 90 seconds left in a game? Because you think the other team has the refs in their back pocket?

We're beaten.

We're down.

Take us, Marchand, all 5'8" of you. We're yours.

Yeah, that works.

Well, considering they can be relied on night in/out, injured, sick, whatever...no.

Here's what some of the armchair tough guys need to understand...this GAME is tough, so just playing it makes everyone on the ice tougher than you are by default. How about you challenge them up the Grouse Grind to see who comes out on top?

Toughness is multi faceted. Gooning doesn't always indicate overall "toughness". Anyone can take a cheap shot then run away and hide behind a Chara.

I disagree. Sedins have their dry spells and are not consistent as of late. I think he is referring to toughness as able to play with some aggression rather than take some hits and play on.

I disagree. Sedins have their dry spells and are not consistent as of late. I think he is referring to toughness as able to play with some aggression rather than take some hits and play on.

Then he should have refered to them as not being aggressive!! Soft means weak, squishy... Which the Sedins are neither

I'm not a fan of Crosby or ovy but if they played in Gretzky's era they would have just as many points .

Have u seen those goals Wayne scored? The goalie is half the size and doesn't even butterfly. The fact that 99 is retired league wide is a little bit of a joke. It's not like the NBA retired Jordan's number league wide

Obviously you have not watched 80's hockey. That was a mans game back then. Crosby would have had his teeth handed to him. The clutching and grabbing and slashing was something to behold. Not like today's era where it's speed.

It's amazing to think how many goals Gretzky would have scored if he played by todays rules, without people holding his stick or grabbing his jersey or pulling him down.

Blows my mind when people make these wild stories up, without realizing HOW the game was played back then.

Obviously you have not watched 80's hockey. That was a mans game back then. Crosby would have had his teeth handed to him. The clutching and grabbing and slashing was something to behold. Not like today's era where it's speed.

It's amazing to think how many goals Gretzky would have scored if he played by todays rules, without people holding his stick or grabbing his jersey or pulling him down.

Blows my mind when people make these wild stories up, without realizing HOW the game was played back then.

Crosby takes more physical abuse in 2 weeks than Gretzky took in 20 years.

:mellow:

They’re soft. Always have been always will be.

You are blind. The abuse they take is unreal on and off the ice but they keep on tickin'

This is the toughest either have played in their entire careers. Hansen playing with a total chip on his shoulder as well. I would say the team has toughened up dramatically. Especially the twins . Daniel has thrown some serious crosschecks around the opposing net to gain some space.

Love what i am seeing.

You can't hurt what you can't hit. Ask Scott Stevens and tons of other players who always tried to hit Gretzky. They would line him up then he wasn't there.

Why do you think he was the Greatest player of all time.

Do you think the other player and commentators know nothing. Why do they call him the greatest ever. Or should I believe your uneducated unprofessional opinion?

He would be lucky if a good didn't end his career at 21 lol. He was untouchable and 90% of the net was wide open for him to shoot at lol...

Goalies didn't make half the saves they make today. No freaking way Wayne would have accomplished what he did vs a guy like lui, rinne, Lundqvist, Miller, etc in these monster pads.

It really bothers me that no one can wear 99. What a joke. It's not like he played for Vancouver. Who is to say that a canuck can't wear 99?

You can't hurt what you can't hit. Ask Scott Stevens and tons of other players who always tried to hit Gretzky. They would line him up then he wasn't there.

Why do you think he was the Greatest player of all time.

Do you think the other player and commentators know nothing. Why do they call him the greatest ever. Or should I believe your uneducated unprofessional opinion?

Who are you addressing your comments to?

Unfortunately there are others in this world that think Bobby Orr was a very good hockey player as well. He was a far better skater than Gretsky, he did not need someone to protect him and he won a few trophies in his carrier as well. "Greatest player of all time?" That is your opinion and it is very debatable. It is two bad you did not get a chance to personally see Orr play. You might just think otherwise.

Oh and the high technology sticks don't help todays shooters shoot 30% faster and harder than wooden sticks. Plus the lowered restriction on curved blades.

I did a point comparison between Gretzky and Crosby. Gretzky has about 13 seasons where his assist total alone beats Crosbys BEST season of total points. That 13 years of game evolution that his assists are better than Crosby's best effort.

How is it no other player (Halll of famers) could even come close to his points totals if it was so damn easy? I mean, come on now, there were tons of tough skilled strong guys, but they never scored that many points, year after year after year.

Give your head a shake, Crosby would never be that good in that era, he just isn't in the same class as The Great One for vision and creativity.

Sorry stats don't lie, and Crosby will likely not be held in the high esteem of the top ten players of all time. He's good, but not that class of good.

I agree Orr was great, but not the greatest. He played to reckless and got injured. If he played a bit smarter and didn't put himself into dangerous situations (ala Gretzky) he would have not had a career shortened by injuries and he would by no doubt be right there with Gretzky.

I have seen every player who ever wore a Canucks uniform, but that doesn't matter. Fact is, Henrik and Daniel are the most valuable players who ever played for Vancouver. They have shown unparalleled commitment to their game, their fitness, their leadership and their durability. They have not only survived every two-bit jackass running them, hooking, slashing, elbowing and punching them and have kept performing at a consistently high level year after year. People look at them at 34 and seem to want to write them off as declining and diminished assets. Not a chance.

There are rare athletes who just keep performing at a high level, year after year. Igor Larionov was one, Jaromir Jagr was another. Baseball had Nolan Ryan who kept performing at a high level forever. Vancouver is incredibly lucky to have the Sedins, who are not only exceptional hockey players, but exceptional men and citizens. And all the debate about whether or not they are "tough" by some adolescent mouthbreather's standards is really pointless. We in Vancouver have been graced with two extraordinary men who have devoted all of their adult lives to a city in a country foreign to their own. Be grateful and hope it never ends.

Here's what is happening to the Sedin's game:

They are getting older... and slower. That happens with every player, even elite ones. Fast twitch muscle response degrades after 25.

Being very smart players, Henrik and Daniel understand this... and they have changed their fitness routine to emphasize their strengths. Another fact: As a player gets older, actual muscle strength continues to increase... up till approx. 35.

So they have focused on building their strength... accepting they have a slower game... but made the decision to increase their ability to play in the corners and physically.

That is what we are seeing... they are stronger this year... but a little slower. Hence they are tougher.... they are hitting more, pushing back in the corners.

Archived