The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks signed Ashton Sautner to a three-year entry-level contract

PRDs

He has 36 points as a over ager in the WHL. Not really impressive numbers, I wonder what Benning has seen in him. Still can't believe they didn't give Bobby Sanguinetti a chance. Bo sang has way higher ceiling then any D-man at the farm along with the former 1st rounder on his resume. This organization will regret this decision of not giving Bobby Sanguineetti a chance, just wait till next year!

Your bo-sanger is showing :rolleyes:

Love this kid...glad we got a free prospect in him

was reading an article on this kid just a few weeks ago to see if he was snagged by anyone...glad we took a flyer on him.

He is more of a complementary piece guy than a core guy you form around.

He is like a Tanev...plays well but better in the shadows of a more dynamic guy.

Come on guys. 48 points. Don't let one person lead you astray.

He's free; no draft picks given up, no players traded away, can help out Utica when his season is over.. can't get much better than that.

Edit: Also, he wears the C for the Oil Kings. Usually a sign of someone with some character.

Talent Analysis

Sautner has been forced to play behind other, very talented defenders on the Oil Kings's roster, so he could be a bit of s sleeper. He moves the puck well for a player of decent size, and seems to have a good two-way game when given the opportunity to show it. Sautner could stand to work on his defensive game a bit more and for the most part doesn't have one area of his game that truly stands out. But a team willing to show some patience might be rewarded by choosing Sautner.

6'1 185, LH shot

Good Canadian kid from southern SK

If nothing else it's another prospect in the cupboard

Come on guys. 48 points. Don't let one person lead you astray.

He's free; no draft picks given up, no players traded away, can help out Utica when his season is over.. can't get much better than that.

Edit: Also, he wears the C for the Oil Kings. Usually a sign of someone with some character.

Just like Dustin Brown ;)

I see a lot of Hamhuis in his game - conservative, safe, and leader-like. He's an exemplar for the Oil Kings.

I see another indication - perhaps this is insurance providing a defenceman isn't taken in the first round. Maybe they're looking at where they're drafting and thinking they might rather take a forward. Why not just take a D now then and insure that they have a D-prospect draft-or-no-draft.

I like the signing.

Now please ink Jordan Subbam.

he can re enter the draft this year

You sure about that? I know I was wrong cause I forgot he was actually drafted in 2013 not 2014, but why would he re-enter the draft after this season? I thought it was 3 years not 2.

Archived