The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat is essentially our #2 center. Where is his ceiling?

kidkurse

All things considered... Faceoffs, Ice time (especially in the Dallas game), etc..

Bo Horvat is pretty much our #2 center at 19 years old. So the question is.. Where is his ceiling? Some still say he will be a 3rd line NHL center. Some say he's a number 2.. If he's doing this now, what will he be doing in his prime?

In my opinion he is the future leader and number 1 center on this team. I drool over the the idea of him and Virtanen on a line in their NHL prime..

:bigblush:

Nick Bonino says hi...

34 pts in 68 games playing against tougher competition.

But I don't want to get into this argument again...

As for Horvat, I think he'll be a great 2C in his prime, but might be forced to be a 1C if there aren't better options.

I'm hoping McCann can be our Krejci and Horvat can be our Bergeron. Maybe they won't be as good, but they would have similar roles.

Ceiling? IMO elite 2nd line shut-down C. Hopefully a 25+ goal scorer, 50-60 point scorer.

Hopefully after the Sedins are gone we are able to discover a #1 C and have those two elite centers down the middle.

I'm hoping McCann can be our Krejci and Horvat can be our Bergeron. Maybe they won't be as good, but they would have similar roles.

McCann is having an excellent season. Out of all the centers we have outside Horvat McCann has the best chance of becoming a top 6 C.

These are my hopes and opinions. It should be fun watching these players grow.

Nick Bonino says hi...

Horvat is quite often put out against the other teams top 6.. Bonino has been pretty shaky on the puck lately...

Nick Bonino says hi...

As for Horvat, I think he'll be a great 2C in his prime, but might be forced to be a 1C if there aren't better options.

Horvat was matched against Benn / Seguin yday.

Honestly, I think I've underestimated his ceiling. I expected him to be a great 3rd liner, maybe a good 2nd liner. However, with the way he's been playing, I think he'll very likely become a 2nd-liner. If he continues to improve offensively, he could even become a 1st-liner.

David Backes, Jordan Staal, Ryan O'Reilly type of production and defensive prowess is where I see Horvat in the future. So:

50-65 points a season
Shut down top lines

Great at faceoffs

He will be a center piece moving forward if he continues playing like this.

Bergeron hopefully.

Honestly I can't make too much out of his offensive potential this year given he's playing like a fourth liner.

Playing like a 4th liner?

Horvat is playing more minutes than most of our other centers (including Henrik on nights like the Dallas game), against top-line opposition (again, he played against Seguin against Dallas), and has more points this season than Seguin had in his rookie year (in far fewer games).

How is he playing like a 4th liner?

Bergeron hopefully.

Honestly I can't make too much out of his offensive potential this year given he's playing like a fourth liner.

Not any 4th liner we have had before. I don't know if you meant it to come over like that but really if you did, I question just how much you have seen of him.

His improvement has been meteoric. I can't remember seeing a rookie make such progress for our team and not many in other teams either at the age of 19.

Personally I could quite easily see him on our 1st line in 2 years time. At first I thought he lacked the speed but I was amazed at how fast he is. imo the only thing that would prevent him centring our 1st line in 2 years is if McCann carries forward the potential he shows in the O

Playing like a 4th liner?

Horvat is playing more minutes than most of our other centers (including Henrik on nights like the Dallas game), against top-line opposition (again, he played against Seguin against Dallas), and has more points this season than Seguin had in his rookie year (in far fewer games).

How is he playing like a 4th liner?

Odd man rush available?

If yes, skate into the zone and play it normally.

If no, dump, chase, grind along the boards then hustle back on defense.

Fourth line hockey. I think you misinterpreted my post.

Archived