The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

This is fairly unlikely.  You don't know how to stop posting in all these prospects threads.

This is my first time mass posting in the  prospect threads in a while. I usually stay out of all of them beside the Demko and draft thread

Edited by Gstank29

2 minutes ago, WTG said:

Meh, only low potential defenseman were available.

Boeser was the best pick available IMO. Picking for position is stupid anyway.

This is what the experts said when we picked Shink over Theodore fwiw, which isn't much.

51 minutes ago, WTG said:

I've watched like 80% of his games so far this season.

He is a great prospect. Probably our best prospect with both McCann and Virtanen graduating,

How is his defensive game and does he PK at all? I know his plus-minus is insane right now, but that could be misleading due to deployment etc. Thanks for the gifs again!

44 minutes ago, WTG said:

Luc Bourdon over Kopitar?

Works out both ways.

In that one could die in a tragic accident? C'mon...

Bourdon could have turned out to be a fantastic D-man and worth relatively equal to what Kopitar's achieved.

17 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

In that one could die in a tragic accident? C'mon...

Bourdon could have turned out to be a fantastic D-man and worth relatively equal to what Kopitar's achieved.

First thing that popped up in my head.

Also not saying that Bourdon was a bad pick. Both Kopitar and Bourdon were great prospects. Just like Shinkaruk and Theodore is a great prospect.

It was a wrong example to use. My bad guys.

24 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

How is his defensive game and does he PK at all? I know his plus-minus is insane right now, but that could be misleading due to deployment etc. Thanks for the gifs again!

His defensive game is average, he doesn't kill penalties.

But that's not his forte, he is a offense first kind of player. If I was projecting his defensive game I would say he'll probably play about the same level defensively as let's say, Vrbata in the NHL. Which is fine.

1 minute ago, WTG said:

His defensive game is average, he doesn't kill penalties.

But that's not his forte, he is a offense first kind of player. If I was projecting his defensive game I would say he'll probably play about the same level defensively as let's say, Vrbata in the NHL. Which is fine.

Agreed. We don't need 12 2-way forwards (although I'm sure some people could actually make a case for it). We need different skill-sets.

1 hour ago, WTG said:

I've watched like 80% of his games so far this season.

He is a great prospect. Probably our best prospect with both McCann and Virtanen graduating,

Better player than even Virtanen, imo

as for not killing penalties... Hes still a freshman and only a few months removed from highschool so hes quite raw. If he makes it to his junior/senior year without being signed he will be getting pk shifts, no doubt

Edited by Robongo

9 minutes ago, Robongo said:

Better player than even Virtanen, imo

as for not killing penalties... Hes still a freshman and only a few months removed from highschool so hes quite raw. If he makes it to his junior/senior year without being signed he will be getting pk shifts, no doubt

I do feel he's better than Virtanen having watched both.

I have no idea what the plan is next year. Maybe the canucks will sign him or maybe they'll keep him in the UND system. I wouldn't be against signing him at the end of the season if he keeps it up.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WTG said:

I do feel he's better than Virtanen having watched both.

I have no idea what the plan is next year. Maybe the canucks will sign him or maybe they'll keep him in the UND system. I wouldn't be against signing him at the end of the season if he keeps it up.

Hard to say really. I think it depends on what Boeser wants too. Although, it's pretty common for prospects to drop their studies and take that risk at getting a spot with the big club sooner rather than later.