The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Faith in Benning

baumerman77

Faith in Benning  

551 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Terrible asset management. If Kassian stinks it up next year then do something. He's cheaper than Prust with way more upside and we toss the Habs a 5th to take him.

Terrible, terrible, terrible move.

TERRIBLE

A lot can happen. Virtanen could step into the line up and people will quickly forget about Kassian

Markstrom can steal the show and we will quickly forget about Lack.

Corrado and Clendening can take huge steps in development and we will start to see the plan

Horvat can take another step forward and the excitement grows.

Baertschi could find his NHL stride, put up 30 goals and fans will be praising Benning.

We need to wait it out and see what happens before we start writing anyone off. If it doesn't happen we will get a high pick. Basically it's a win win for canucks future.

Imagine if all that happens and then we do something big like sign Lucic next summer when Vbrata leaves. All of the sudden canucks are back in the conversation

I'm with you on this one, I still think Kassian is going to turn the corner. I'm puzzled how Prust makes any sense. I'm also sad another jersey has been retired for me. I'm still going to believe they have a vision. I'm just not clear on what it is.

Thing is if Kassian turns the corner then it will be a change of scenery that caused it. He was given way too much opportunity here and squandered it. I don't get how people can't plainly see that.

I seriously understand why so many people hate our fans. Some Canuck fans burn the city and bandwagon to the best teams, some lose faith before a single year passes by and judge the trades before you really know what happened. And some uneducated fans that don't know anything about hockey thinks that Kassian will get 40 goals. Even a smart 2 year old would know Kassian won't ever come close to even 30 goals.

Benning is an idiot. Im all for a rebuild, but atleast get some decent return for our assets. The return he is getting is absolutely a joke.

At the trade deadline is where you blow it all up. Teams overpay at the deadline. Bieksa and Kassian are worth a 1st at the deadline to contenders...

Puff puff pass

A fifth doesn't mean much when you could still grab extra firsts and seconds at the deadline. Especially with CDC's idea that any pick beyond the second round is useless. If you can move Prust for a fourth or higher at the deadline then we've upgraded and gotten other benefits from the experience.

Not just the potential of a March deadline deal. Prust is another edgy guy who will be physical enough

to allow the young rookies to get their feet wet. He is not likely a long term commitment. Benning is

making room for more youth. Long overdue.

Going to be a majority No because CDC can't see whats happening. Benning said he wants to get younger, trading Kassian allows a spot for a YOUNGER player (Virtanen/Grenier)

Not to mention we have 20 million in cap space for next year

i hope Virtanen is good enough to make the team. He'll be exciting to watch.

Also, yes Grenier is younger than Kassian... But only by a few months, they are both born in 1991.

Very much YES.

Benning & Co. get rid of some cancer and bring in leadership to help with our young guys this year. We will probably ship out some more vets throughout the year to draft high, often and well. Then, like others have mentioned, we will free up 15-20 million in cap come free agency. Boom! Rebuild done and looking real good.

Pros:

Vrbata signing

2014 draft

Baertschi (maybe)

Cons:

Miller signing

Return for kesler

Return for lack

Return for bieksa

Return for kassian

Bartkowski signing, $1 mill too much

Re signing weber

2015 draft

Sbisa extension

Dorsett extension

No longer competitive but not enough assets back in return to be a rebuild, just stuck in the middle for the foreseeable future. Cant get good value in a trade to save his life.

Fire benning and linden.

Archived