The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Ultimate Rebuild - Fire Sale (Thoughts?)

I really is kind of mind boggling, with any decent GM, we could have had 3 1st round draft picks in this years draft, and a 2nd.

If anybody disagrees, please join me :D

Hamhuis - Not debatable, Automatic 1st rounder around the 15-30 range + mid tier prospect
Edler - Not debatable, Automatic 1st rounder around the 15-30 range + mid tier prospect
Radim Vrbata - debatable, 1st rounder between 20-30.
Kevin Bieksa - 2nd Rounder (Confirmed!)

Those are my Automatics imo, Let's dig deeper, just for fun.

Sedins (50% Retained) = Two 1sts (10/15), Top prospect + Mid prospect + Multiple 2nds.

That's my realistic Sedin trade offer, most people would say they can get more, but I wanted it to be as fair as possible.

Daniel Sedin - 1st (15 range) + Mid Prospect + 2nd Rounder
Henrik Sedin - 1st (10 range) + Top prospect + 2nd Rounder

I think there would be a TOP of teams who would do this for the remainder of the Sedins contracts, and at 50%, they get an entire 1st/2nd line for only 7m in cap.

So just for fun!

Sedin
Sedin
Vrbata
Edler
Hamhuis

FOR

1st (2016),1st(2016) ,1st (2017) ,1st (2017) ,2nd (2016) 2nd (2016), 2nd (2017), Top Prospect, Mid prospect.

Canucks then go out and sign a TON of decent players on 1 year deals, and trade half of them at the deadline for more picks + prospects.

Canucks come last place, Draft Matthews :D.

Canucks Line up!

Free Agent / Free Agent / Burrows
Sven / Bonino / Free Agent
Higgins / Horvat / Hansen
Dorsett / Vey / Prust
Virtanen / Keinins

Tanev - Free Agent
Weber - Clendening
Sbisa - Bartkowski
Corrado

It's so bad, it's good :D

Can we make some trades with destinations, not just throwinf pick and prospect as the returns,,,,

Heres my 2 cents. and Dream Scenario (highly unlikley though) All deadline deals.

Vrbata(50% retained) to Montreal for Noah Juulsen +2nd rd pick.

Hamhuis(50% retained) to Dallas for Julius Honka + 2nd rd pick

Sedins(50% retained) to NYI for Matt Barzal, Ryan Pulock, Michael Dal Colle + 1st

Edler to Columbus for Kerby Rychel, Paul Bittner and 2nd rd pick.

All deadline deals with retained salary on all expect Edler to maximize return and help other teams fit elite player contracts. Vrbata and Hamhuis IMO could retain us 1st rd picks and low end prospects, I would rather attack higher end prospects and settle for 2nd rd picks that teams would be more willing to move.

Sedins to NYI would set them up with 3 solid lines, making them IMO the favorites in the east. NYI has done well drafting the last 3 years and already has a young line up, they sell some of there future pieces for 2 years at a great chance to win the cup.

Columbus is making a statement by adding Saad to there line up, they want to start a winning franchise, Edler is a key veteran piece they need. We get back an NHL ready winger, a big power forward prospect and a 2nd.

future line up

Dal Colle-Barzal-Boeser

Virtanen-Horvat-Baertschi

McCann-Cassels-Bittner

Rychel-Gaunce-Shinkaurak

Kennins

Tanev-Juulsen

Honka-Brisebois

Subban-Pulock

With 2 1sts(NYI, Van) and 5 2nds(Ana,Colum, Mon, Dal, Van) heading into the 2016 draft. Can wait and see where our firsts are and package 2nd rders to move up

Well we clearly are just wasting time having Hammer, Edler and Vrbata here. They should all be dealt for 1st rounders at the deadline. I really like Vrbata since he is the only one on this team with decent hands, but Hammer and Edler, what have you done in the past 3 years? Average play and injury prone. Time to get rid of em.

I wouldn't consider trading Edler until next year. Look at the contracts being handed out. I think Edler is worth 5 million.

I mean as a Canuck fan i love seeing them win, like most people. Realistically this year, I want the kids to make strides and i want us to be on the losing side of things come trade deadline. I think we can get at least 6 picks in the top 100 ( including ours obviously). I do trust new management, although I loved Kassian. I do see Benning point about setting up a great foundation for the kids. Great team down in Utica for morale and further development. Have great leaders on the team here to teach them how to be pros. Sedins, Prust, Dorsett, Higgy, Hammer. Man do i love watching Chychrun play and Bellows.

Line-up after next summer in a perfect world.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Lucic-Horvat/UFA-Baertschi

Virtanen-Horvat/UFA-X (Possibly) Hansen

Kenins/Prust/Gaunce-Cassels/McCann-Dorsett

ex.Grenier

Edler-Tanev

Chychrun- UFA

Sbisa-Clendenning

Who has to be traded:

Higgy

Hammer

Vrbata

Weber

Who i could see being traded:

Bonino ( very good cap hit and decent player) very good 3rd liner at best. I think you could get a very good return ( great value)

Hansen (good on the pk, gets tons of breakaways it seems, very quick) I like him personally, but new regime. 3rd line at best.

Corrado or Clendenning (could see one of them packaged for either up and coming centre or good d-man wanting a little bit too much moolah)

Jensen

Prust (depending how he meshed with the team)

Shinkaruk (Have a feeling he's gonna be packaged)

Draft next year:

Chychrun #3

Bellows ( somehow, some way)

I only know like 10-15 players from the draft next year, but i know i like these two.

Free agency or trade: Who i target with over 20 million opened up in salary. Not saying we will get any.

Lucic

Giordano ( who is by far one of my favourite d-man) i know this most likely won't happen.

Seth Jones i hope he prices himself out of Nashvilles range.

Kopitar (most likely will be resigned)

Feel free to hate o e,

I'd be down to move most of them (UFA's Hammer, Vrbata definitely; Sedins and Edler at the right price, for different reasons)

• Edler's in his prime, so if the retool's successful (playoffs the year after) he could still contribute by then
  • Sedins definitely aren't exempt from leaving, but I want to see them win it all here, so if the retool goes well I'd keep them

As for the returns on the other vets (hope this includes Miller), I'd want at least a less-developed but near-ready versions of each player (for Hammer, I'd want McCabe + 1st if he goes to Buffalo, Vrbata to Montreal for Scherbak + 2nd at least, Miller for 2nd?) but I wouldn't just sell them for picks. We could easily end up in Edmonton's shoes (likely minus the luck with the 1st overall picks).

Can we make some trades with destinations, not just throwinf pick and prospect as the returns,,,,

Heres my 2 cents. and Dream Scenario (highly unlikley though) All deadline deals.

Vrbata(50% retained) to Montreal for Noah Juulsen +2nd rd pick.

Hamhuis(50% retained) to Dallas for Julius Honka + 2nd rd pick

Sedins(50% retained) to NYI for Matt Barzal, Ryan Pulock, Michael Dal Colle + 1st

Edler to Columbus for Kerby Rychel, Paul Bittner and 2nd rd pick.

All deadline deals with retained salary on all expect Edler to maximize return and help other teams fit elite player contracts. Vrbata and Hamhuis IMO could retain us 1st rd picks and low end prospects, I would rather attack higher end prospects and settle for 2nd rd picks that teams would be more willing to move.

Sedins to NYI would set them up with 3 solid lines, making them IMO the favorites in the east. NYI has done well drafting the last 3 years and already has a young line up, they sell some of there future pieces for 2 years at a great chance to win the cup.

Columbus is making a statement by adding Saad to there line up, they want to start a winning franchise, Edler is a key veteran piece they need. We get back an NHL ready winger, a big power forward prospect and a 2nd.

future line up

Dal Colle-Barzal-Boeser

Virtanen-Horvat-Baertschi

McCann-Cassels-Bittner

Rychel-Gaunce-Shinkaurak

Kennins

Tanev-Juulsen

Honka-Brisebois

Subban-Pulock

With 2 1sts(NYI, Van) and 5 2nds(Ana,Colum, Mon, Dal, Van) heading into the 2016 draft. Can wait and see where our firsts are and package 2nd rders to move up

All that retained salary is close to 12M benning would be canned within minutes,

Retaining cap when you have no clue where the cap is going is a bad idea. It's also a bad idea in general. Even Toronto only had to retain like 15% on the Kessel trade. So retaining 50% is just plain nonsense.

Archived