The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

9 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Congrats!!

Boxl has been an atm machine all week. Currently up from 79c to 3.15. Should go up towards 5 as we get closer to the USA school re openings digitally. Took out capital+10% and bought more shares because of how strongly I believe in the company. Upped my average to just under a dollar. 

Well wtf do I know with my timelines eh? Could hit $5 today! This is one of my biggest positions I accumulated in for a few days under $1.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 7.22.04 AM.png

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Well wtf do I know with my timelines eh? Could hit $5 today! This is one of my biggest positions I accumulated in for a few days under $1.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 7.22.04 AM.png

Bought BKYI as a sympathy play yesterday off BOXL, it's flying too right now. 

Edit: halted at 95% gain on the day lol

Edited by Duodenum
  • Cheers 1

On 7/12/2020 at 8:30 AM, AriGold2.0 said:

OGEN: Oragenics, Inc.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/OGEN/

Oragenics Provides Update on SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Program - They terminated their clinical development program with AG013 for the treatment of severe oral mucositis in cancer patients.

While working with Aragen Bioscience, a leading contract research organization focused on accelerating preclinical biologics product development, to advance the Company’s recently acquired COVID-19 vaccine candidate, TerraCoV2, the National Institutes of Health-created stabilized pre-fusion spike protein gene has been successfully inserted into Chinese Hamster Cells ("CHO") and "mini-pool" production and analytical development are underway. The transfer to full-scale manufacture is expected to commence later this summer.

Please please note that gigantic last line..

Lets review that.. They SUCCESSFULLY inserted a vaccine into hamsters.

"We expect to use our available cash to continue development of TerraCoV2, with the goal of bringing this COVID-19 vaccine candidate into human clinical trials by early 2021." :ph34r:

You guys may think I'm nuts but this one has all the makings to run like NVAX has this year. For those that don't know about NVAX it ran from $3 to $110 in 6 months..

Stock Market Scanning, Online Video Training for Traders and ...

Thanks for OGEN AriGold :metal:

Already up 15%. Will hold long-term and scalp. 

Edited by Duodenum

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

bkyi submitted paperwork to be able to offer whenever they want now.

Be wary if you're still in

I was out before the halt. I don't stay in sympathy plays for long. 

Edited by Duodenum

Works been kickin my ass lately, glad y’all cashing out! 

lol, I flipped $BOXL for a $0.10 gain few weeks ago and intended to buy back in at some point. Today I finally had some time to look at the markets and it’s pushing like $4. 

Anyone familiar with EV manufacturer ElectraMeccanica (ticker SOLO on nasdaq). They are a small cap company based out of Vancouver believe it or not. They make 'micro' cars. I'd be more interested if they start manufacturing a bigger product. Just thought it would be interesting to see if anyone had any insight seeing as they are a Vancouver company and the current EV boom.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:46 AM, sassbs said:

Anyone still in on gnus?  Or time to abandon ship?

GNUS belongs to the shorts and will for quite sometime. Wait for the next pump and sell at that moment and move on.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:56 AM, BoKnows said:

Anyone have tips for when to start thinking of closing on a position?

When you're happy with your earnings. Set a goal and stick to it. Don't be afraid to sell too early, as long as you make money then it's always a win.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:17 AM, CBH1926 said:

Has anyone looked at Titan medical stock?
Robotic surgery company out of Toronto.

@AriGold2.0 @nuckin_futz @NucksPatsFan

Sorry M8, I don't trade TSX..

On 7/14/2020 at 8:39 AM, Sp3nny said:

@AriGold2.0 have you looked into CCXX since the Multiplan announcement? I know you mentioned them before in regards to Postmates, but that has since changed. I've looked over some of the investment/merger info/financials  but some of it goes over my head at my current knowledge level lol. If you haven't looked at it, no worries, just thought I'd ask since you seem to be in the know with SPAC's.

Thinking of throwing some cash at it and DKNG soon.

Yup, I snagged 800 shares at the end of day once I saw the trend.. Nothing sexy about this company but it will grow, $0.20 a day is all I need.. $1 a week... 

image.thumb.png.b5d3b599700726d8376c4b290c026126.png

On 7/15/2020 at 10:34 AM, BoKnows said:

Made about 10% on my first trade!

May of made more if I waited it out some more.  Decided not to be greedy and to take the win, just trying to grow my capital right now.

Amazing bud! 10% over and over and over is how to do it..

On 7/16/2020 at 11:36 AM, Duodenum said:

Thanks for OGEN AriGold :metal:

Already up 15%. Will hold long-term and scalp. 

Yeah buddy! Alerted at $0.88 and it's currently $1.11 they haven't even announced the BARDA funding yet ( I'm guessing this week). Once that hits it should be an easy double up..

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2020 at 10:17 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

took a starter in hmhc at 2.22 as sympathy as well

When you take a sympathy play in a California based company, and then a day later the California governor announces 5 billion dollars will go towards transitioning schools online. :towel:

Alright.. It's time again.. This one is a monster waiting in the wings.. It's all about getting Americans back to work.. You don't even need to open the article to get the jist of this one, just read the headlines and you can put it together. It has all the makings to be a multi-bagger. I will hold till around August 7th-10th

VOLT: Volt Information Sciences, Inc.

"Volt Information Sciences, Inc. provides staffing services. Staffing services fulfills a variety of temporary and permanent placements and telecommunications solutions include operator and telephone directory services."

Volt Information Sciences, Inc. Named as One of Forbes’ Best Temporary Staffing Firms 2020

image.thumb.png.114a3f7c0035483b1cf1545a19efe393.png

Trump backs work incentives as part of next stimulus bill - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he supports another coronavirus stimulus bill but wants it to include incentives for Americans to go back to work

Bonuses will be given for those that return to work - One-time cash bonuses of up to $1,500 for full-time work and up to $750 for part-time work and will be provided to the worker after return to the workplace. The funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis (based on date of return to work) for qualified applicants.

Smaller unemployment benefits / return-to-work-bonus =  Forbes.com - "New Stimulus Package May Be Introduced Next Week" -  Senate Republicans are targeting the new stimulus closer to $1.3 trillion in total spending. House Democrats proposed $3 trillion for the Heroes Act (which hasn’t passed the Senate). While the numbers likely will change, the final stimulus package could be in the $1.5 - $2.0 trillion range. Congress breaks for summer recess on August 7, which means that the new stimulus could be finalized later this month or in early August.

Insider purchasing is one of the first items I look at before investing in a company. Insiders are currently betting heavy on the company.

image.thumb.png.2d71d8b5b3390d6c3e6804f00b967751.png

Balance sheet looks good, they have a lot of money and have NEVER done an offering!

image.thumb.png.7684780b6a6d0d88358537315d78e387.png

This is called a low float which means when news happens the stock runs higher then a standard company due to limited general public shares.

image.thumb.png.2299af3223d9e8960ab47aa4c2be22e4.png

Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIFs | Tenor

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Alright.. It's time again.. This one is a monster waiting in the wings.. It's all about getting Americans back to work.. You don't even need to open the article to get the jist of this one, just read the headlines and you can put it together. It has all the makings to be a multi-bagger. I will hold till around August 7th-10th

VOLT: Volt Information Sciences, Inc.

"Volt Information Sciences, Inc. provides staffing services. Staffing services fulfills a variety of temporary and permanent placements and telecommunications solutions include operator and telephone directory services."

Volt Information Sciences, Inc. Named as One of Forbes’ Best Temporary Staffing Firms 2020

image.thumb.png.114a3f7c0035483b1cf1545a19efe393.png

Trump backs work incentives as part of next stimulus bill - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he supports another coronavirus stimulus bill but wants it to include incentives for Americans to go back to work

Bonuses will be given for those that return to work - One-time cash bonuses of up to $1,500 for full-time work and up to $750 for part-time work and will be provided to the worker after return to the workplace. The funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis (based on date of return to work) for qualified applicants.

Smaller unemployment benefits / return-to-work-bonus =  Forbes.com - "New Stimulus Package May Be Introduced Next Week" -  Senate Republicans are targeting the new stimulus closer to $1.3 trillion in total spending. House Democrats proposed $3 trillion for the Heroes Act (which hasn’t passed the Senate). While the numbers likely will change, the final stimulus package could be in the $1.5 - $2.0 trillion range. Congress breaks for summer recess on August 7, which means that the new stimulus could be finalized later this month or in early August.

Insider purchasing is one of the first items I look at before investing in a company. Insiders are currently betting heavy on the company.

image.thumb.png.2d71d8b5b3390d6c3e6804f00b967751.png

Balance sheet looks good, they have a lot of money and have NEVER done an offering!

image.thumb.png.7684780b6a6d0d88358537315d78e387.png

This is called a low float which means when news happens the stock runs higher then a standard company due to limited general public shares.

image.thumb.png.2299af3223d9e8960ab47aa4c2be22e4.png

Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIFs | Tenor

Yea there was a lot of rumblings about this stock Friday, had gotten in then. Looks like a real winner.

NKLA took a huge hit friday after hours. Black Rock and Fidelity can now sell their shares at anytime (combined 58M!). I think they bought in early in VTIQ days around $10/share so the speculation is they can sell it now and still lock in 300% profit. Certainly happy I was not holding it. It will be interesting to see if it rebounds again to 60 or plummets to $30.

25 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

NKLA took a huge hit friday after hours. Black Rock and Fidelity can now sell their shares at anytime (combined 58M!). I think they bought in early in VTIQ days around $10/share so the speculation is they can sell it now and still lock in 300% profit. Certainly happy I was not holding it. It will be interesting to see if it rebounds again to 60 or plummets to $30.

Not in NKLA anymore, but it'll rebound. Already did a bit.

Pipe warrants activated. Something that everyone knew was coming for weeks. Weak hands dropped their shares not knowing what the news meant. 

Great time to buy calls though depending on price action on Monday.

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

You got shares on Friday ?  How many at what price?

Only 1000 at 1.42 starter position. Reading the DD over the weekend to see if I should add more limit buys on dips.

I also got into SPAQ last week in the low 14s. The electric SUV for $30,000 is a big pull. Could see this stock really flying. 

Edited by Duodenum

26 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Only 1000 at 1.42 starter position. Reading the DD over the weekend to see if I should add more limit buys on dips.

I also got into SPAQ last week in the low 14s. The electric SUV for $30,000 is a big pull. Could see this stock really flying. 

Yup, SPAQ should rocket for sure. And yes buy all VOLT dips. At least up until the Stimulus check.