The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Tracker

The Bookie

Well, it's Halloween and the bodies are starting to pile up - I'll do my best to keep this up to date, no promises. Feel free to post any tweets, reports, whispers in regards to current status. For now I'm just going off what I've heard and the Canucks official injury page http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=39938. Injuries seem to have been kept under tighter wraps beneath Benden's Rule.

Last updated: April 6th

Alexander Edler

Sustained: February 9, 2016

Currently: nope

Brandon Sutter

Sustained: February 9, 2016

Currently: shut 'er down

Radim Vrbata

Sustained: February 21, 2016

Currently : packing

Luca Sbisa

Sustained: March 14, 2016
Currently : falling down some stairs

Sven Baertschi

Sustained: March 31, 2016

Currently: walking his dog

the injury history list was going haywire in format, so I deleted it, but click through to the Canucks page if you need it (up above)

Hamhuis should be playing tonight from the sounds of it (or he wants to). I think Higgins has been getting close so week to week at most, and Markstrom has a couple more weeks to go. Prust will be a bit obviously, and Sbisa will have to be out at least 7 days (can include retroactive). That's just piecing things together off of twitter.

Thanks for starting the injury thread.

Am I all alone thinking Higgins doesn't matter anymore? Who cares? Better without him...

Baerch is doing a fine job filling that spot, missing the net in Higgins absence. Our PK's been pretty good too...

I know a lot of us nux fans like the guy, but I wish he wasn't so gluey and didn't stick around..

Am I all alone thinking Higgins doesn't matter anymore? Who cares? Better without him...

Baerch is doing a fine job filling that spot, missing the net in Higgins absence. Our PK's been pretty good too...

I know a lot of us nux fans like the guy, but I wish he wasn't so gluey and didn't stick around..

I'v always liked Higgins. Whether with us or another team he is a solid player.

I think if we replaced cracknell(30) with higgins(32).  It would give mccann more offensive talent to work with kind of like what hansen did for horvat. The fact is cracknell is an energy guy who can't kill penalties, fight, or put up points (he has had a good start but highly doubt it will last).

When vrbata is traded at the deadline we will need a player to play in the top 9 and burrows is going to end up playing with the sedins. Only one I think that is close enough to fill the spot is shink, if he does continue his play we can trade higgins too at the deadline.

Bearch has been decent but there have been some games where he wasn't playing all that well that has gotten him benched.

Its a youth movement it isn't going to happen all in one year his days are numbered maybe this year at the deadline or a bit longer.

Archived