The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

17 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Backstabbing? He spent 9 years there. He gave it his all and it was time to move on. 

Por would be trading guys like Aminu, Crabbe, VonLeh, and future picks. Nothing too devastating imo. 

Yep was time to go back to his home state of Texas

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

Backstabbing? He spent 9 years there. He gave it his all and it was time to move on. 

Por would be trading guys like Aminu, Crabbe, VonLeh, and future picks. Nothing too devastating imo. 

He openly said he wanted to play in Portland for the rest of his career at the start of the season and left at the end. Loyalty doesn't apply to superstars I guess.

2 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Regular season games  shouldn't matter. I highly doubt a player will sit out a playoff game if they are capable of playing. 

Considering the NBA is a two team league, the playoffs barely matter as well. 

Wow, these playoffs suck hard. It was so easy to predict another GSW/Cavs final. There is no point watching these games, just wait until the finals begin. These games aren't even remotely close or competitive.

4 hours ago, TheHitman said:

He openly said he wanted to play in Portland for the rest of his career at the start of the season and left at the end. Loyalty doesn't apply to superstars I guess.

Teams cut guys or choose not to pay them all the time. The athlete finally has the choice to make his own decisions and you start bringing up loyalty? Pleaseeee. 

LA chose to play for a top notch organization and the greatest coach ever. What's so wrong about that!?

You just seem to hate all things current basketball. Still living in the 80's and 90's? LOL. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, van_ws said:

Wow, these playoffs suck hard. It was so easy to predict another GSW/Cavs final. There is no point watching these games, just wait until the finals begin. These games aren't even remotely close or competitive.

I guess, but I find it kind of enjoyable to watch some of the greatest players to ever play the sport...

love or hate LeBron, he's an absolute marvel

8 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Teams cut guys or choose not to pay them all the time. The athlete finally has the choice to make his own decisions and you start bringing up loyalty? Pleaseeee. 

LA chose to play for a top notch organization and the greatest coach ever. What's so wrong about that!?

You just seem to hate all things current basketball. Still living in the 80's and 90's? LOL. 

PTL was always extremely loyal to Aldridge. In the season before he left PTL high and dry:

Aldridge wanted to be the man. PTL built the team around him. 
Aldridge wanted to compete. PTL built a competitive team. 
Aldridge asked to stay away from media. PTL declined media requests. 
Aldridge wanted a 5-year deal. PTL offered it. 
Aldridge wanted the best financial deal. PTL offered it. 
Aldridge wanted to be the best Trailblazer ever. Aldridge bolted to the Spurs. 

PTL gave him everything he wanted, to the point of crippling the organization, and he still left. He's as much of a backstabber as KD is.

The lack of competitive spirit in the NBA is disgusting. Most superstars change teams at their convenience to get closer to a championship while their previous franchises and fanbases are ruined. The entire league needs to be restructured with stricter salary caps and compensation for signing another teams franchise player. 

19 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

PTL was always extremely loyal to Aldridge. In the season before he left PTL high and dry:

Aldridge wanted to be the man. PTL built the team around him. 
Aldridge wanted to compete. PTL built a competitive team. 
Aldridge asked to stay away from media. PTL declined media requests. 
Aldridge wanted a 5-year deal. PTL offered it. 
Aldridge wanted the best financial deal. PTL offered it. 
Aldridge wanted to be the best Trailblazer ever. Aldridge bolted to the Spurs. 

PTL gave him everything he wanted, to the point of crippling the organization, and he still left. He's as much of a backstabber as KD is.

The lack of competitive spirit in the NBA is disgusting. Most superstars change teams at their convenience to get closer to a championship while their previous franchises and fanbases are ruined. The entire league needs to be restructured with stricter salary caps and compensation for signing another teams franchise player. 

I still don't fault him. Not like he went to his biggest rival or anything.

Plus Portland is way better off without him. CJ Mcolloum has really stepped up and maybe they don't make the Nurkic trade with LA still there. 

Players are still uber competitive (minus KD). Look at Westbrook in Okc. Dame in Portland. Giannis in Milwaukee.

Demarcus Cousins btw always wanted to remain with the Sacramento Kings and they still traded him!! Zero loyalty. 

Also in the last 17 years there are only 2 championship winning teams that weren't considered superteams. Pistons in 04 and Mavs in 11.

Superteams have always been there. The nba playoffs (minus major injuries) are ALWAYS predictable. I really don't understand the recent outrage of how the nba is boring or this or that.  Get over it. Hate whiners. 

Edited by Jiggs50
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

I still don't fault him. Not like he went to his biggest rival or anything.

Plus Portland is way better off without him. CJ Mcolloum has really stepped up and maybe they don't make the Nurkic trade with LA still there. 

Players are still uber competitive (minus KD). Look at Westbrook in Okc. Dame in Portland. Giannis in Milwaukee.

Demarcus Cousins btw always wanted to remain with the Sacramento Kings and they still traded him!! Zero loyalty. 

Also in the last 17 years there are only 2 championship winning teams that weren't considered superteams. Pistons in 04 and Mavs in 11.

Superteams have always been there. The nba playoffs (minus major injuries) are ALWAYS predictable. I really don't understand the recent outrage of how the nba is boring or this or that.  Get over it. Hate whiners. 

Oh I'm sorry, I guess I should just sit here and accept that the Finals are going to be GSW/Cavs for the next 2-3 years and be happy about it. Why not just scrap the entire season and playoffs anyways, we already know what the Finals are. There's literally no point to anything else because the other 28 teams are complete garbage in comparison to the two all star teams. BORING.

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

Oh I'm sorry, I guess I should just sit here and accept that the Finals are going to be GSW/Cavs for the next 2-3 years and be happy about it. Why not just scrap the entire season and playoffs anyways, we already know what the Finals are. There's literally no point to anything else because the other 28 teams are complete garbage in comparison to the two all star teams. BORING.

Spurs were up 20 on GS and might of even won the series if Kawhi doesn't get hurt. Injuries killed this yrs playoffs more than anything. 

Don't like it, don't watch. Complaining and whining won't change anything.

Again the nba finals are always predictable. Stop acting like this is new

Edited by Jiggs50
  • Upvote 2

Poppovich whining about Kawhi Leonard getting injured is downright laughable. He's forgotten about all the thug teams he's had over the yrs. Bruce Bowen was POS.

Or that time Steve Nash got body checked into scorer's table

1 hour ago, fivethej said:

Poppovich whining about Kawhi Leonard getting injured is downright laughable. He's forgotten about all the thug teams he's had over the yrs. Bruce Bowen was POS.

He's never had "thug" teams, players that played defense hard ? Sure 

pachulia had a history with all the techs and flagrant she's received over the years, that's why he called him out

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fivethej said:

Pops has all rights to go complaining about Pachulia. NBA players know what goes around, Leonard first went down after stepping on a team-mate’s foot along the bench after taking a shot and with what @Sikhguy23 said earlier is why people believe this is a dirty play. The only thing laughable is this post.

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Good game by Boston, LeBron did not have a good game at all. Bound to happen, hopefully they work out all the kinks before the finals. 

But haters will tell you it's a superteam and Lebron isn't that good. One bad game and the team loses. Lol. 

• Upvote 1

Lonzo working out with Lakers only, Lavar confirming Lakers will draft Lonzo. I hope Celts draft him at #1, or Lakers pass on him, imagine the controversy and Lavar's reaction LOL.  All in all, Lonzo is a great player, but I can't believe his Dad doesn't want him at Boston, they can be so good at guard positions with Thomas and Ball.