The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I really like the demeanor of Horvat. Polar opposite of Shinkaruk who also has a great personality.

Every interview with him he looks like a serial killer.

He rarely smiles and I'm pretty sure if somebody crosses him, he'll break them.

You can really tell that he's definitely a born leader.

Most people call him "The Ox". I call him "Captain Serious-er"

Our version of Toews and Kane?

Not upside wise but personality. Horvat = captain seriously, Shinkaruk = fun, easy going, excited

Personality wise, i'd say yes. Very humble, and driven.. farm boy. I don't know Shinkaruk enough, but i don't know if he wants to be compared to Kane.. I know how Kane was in London, a party town, and if Shinkaruk is anything like that in Vancouver... oh boy.

Don't know if it's been repeated in this thread but this kid is going to be a stud, went head to head with Mark Schiefele and killed him in the OHL Finals. He had tough 3c/2c minutes all year and got moved up with more talent in the 2nd half which is why his offence became better but doesn't stand out on paper. His skating is not elite or anything but he seems to make quick decisions with the puck and that's something we don't have in our system. Great prospect.

• Upvote 1

we have so many junior captains!

Yea no kidding. Gaunce, Shinkurak, Corrado, and possibly Horvat.

Plus I think Cassels may have a shot at being captain for the Generals with guys like Laughton, Jenner, Biggs, and Lessio all graduating. They'll be a young team next year and Cassels will be among the older players, and will likely be one of their top scorers. He'll at the very least be an alternate captain though.

Don't know if it's been repeated in this thread but this kid is going to be a stud, went head to head with Mark Schiefele and killed him in the OHL Finals. He had tough 3c/2c minutes all year and got moved up with more talent in the 2nd half which is why his offence became better but doesn't stand out on paper. His skating is not elite or anything but he seems to make quick decisions with the puck and that's something we don't have in our system. Great prospect.

To be fair, I think Schiefele pushed him to the limit, it was an even match. But that's saying a lot, because Scheifele is an amazing player.

I think Horvat is probably the lead candidate frankly.

Lol how do you not give it to him? He scored one of the most clutch goals in literally all of hockey history haha.

.1 second left in game seven for the championship? Who does that haha? Sounds like a mighty ducks movie

• Upvote 1

To be fair, I think Schiefele pushed him to the limit, it was an even match. But that's saying a lot, because Scheifele is an amazing player.

Oh for sure a bit of hyperbole there, Scheifele had 41 points in 21 games in the playoffs but the fact that Horvat was able to drive play on him head to head and force turnovers on him is amazing. Two draft years ahead and a top 10 pick.

Lol how do you not give it to him? He scored one of the most clutch goals in literally all of hockey history haha.

.1 second left in game seven for the championship? Who does that haha? Sounds like a mighty ducks movie

Bo will be named Captain, unless he cracks the Canucks roster, which Dale Hunter apparently believes he might. That's something i heard from a friend within the Knights marketing department (they're working on merchandise, probably)

Oh for sure a bit of hyperbole there, Scheifele had 41 points in 21 games in the playoffs but the fact that Horvat was able to drive play on him head to head and force turnovers on him is amazing. Two draft years ahead and a top 10 pick.

I totally agree, that series was the coming out party for Bo. He really proved how good he can be. Edited by Legend Killer

I hear he is an O'riley clone. Hopefully they dont clone O'rileys dad too.

i would seriously doubt that, the horvats come from a small town of 1000 people. They run a small farm and even invited people from vancouver to their draft afterparty if they wanted to come. It seems to me that they are good wholesome down to earth people who are thrilled to see their son live his dream.

i would seriously doubt that, the horvats come from a small town of 1000 people. They run a small farm and even invited people from vancouver to their draft afterparty if they wanted to come. It seems to me that they are good wholesome down to earth people who are thrilled to see their son live his dream.

This!

No ex politician or life coaches. No manipulation, just hard work and humble attitudes :)