Canucks Community
StealthNuck

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

BoHo has become a Bruin killer. 4 goals, 2 assists and 1 fight that he won in the two matchups this season. 

• Upvote 1

Bo keeps getting better. At first no one thought he was a top six centre. Now no one thinks he's a first line centre. At this rate he'll be scoring a point per game in a few years.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 10:17 PM, Wilbur said:

Also, I predict a 2 or 3 point night for Horvat coming up.  Whenever there's a larger gap between Horvat and the next up the list, he closes it pretty quickly.

You're a prophet.

I think it was 3 years ago, but it could have been 4. I was at the young stars tournament sitting beside two Pro scouts for the Winnipeg Jets. Horvat was flying out there Skating was not as big of issue as people said he was fast and agile. He came down the left wing towards the net. The right side defenseman pushed him around to the outside so he would circle behind the net. he flipped the puck too the slot and continued to skate behind the net and he jumped over the defenseman on the other side as if he was doing a wrap around (puck still in the air) .The puck landed right in front of his stick and he missed the top corner. Now I listen in too the scouts "man I am upset we didn't make a charge for Horvat" said one He looked at me wearing a Canucks jersey and said "you guys are lucky this kid brings it!". the other guy said He will be a top line center one day and what few people understand is Bo has the WOW factor to his game. Now I have posted this story before. But I am seeing Bo bring it to the NHL level now. He has way more to give than what we are seeing. And for those saying he was slow, Maybe in his draft year but in Penticton at the young stars tourney he was already beating guys wide!

• Upvote 2

Horvat moves into a tie for 45th with his assist tonight

45.  Mason Raymond LW 374 80 98 178
45.  Bo Horvat C 315 80 98 178
46.  Ron Sedlbauer LW 325 108 69 177

Horvat all alone in 45th with his goal tonight.  Another big gap to Boldirev, so I'm predicting a bunch of points in the next 2 games.

44.  Ivan Boldirev C 216 80 104 184
45.  Bo Horvat C 316 81 98 179
46.  Mason Raymond LW 374 80 98 178

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Horvat all alone in 45th with his goal tonight.  Another big gap to Boldirev, so I'm predicting a bunch of points in the next 2 games.

44.  Ivan Boldirev C 216 80 104 184
45.  Bo Horvat C 316 81 98 179
46.  Mason Raymond LW 374 80 98 178

Hopefully that means some wins as well!

I think what impresses me most about Bo is his attitude and how he raises the intensity level when needed.  You know, not long ago he was the buzz and most talk of the future was focused on him.  In having to take a bit of a backseat to others, there is no question that he is a team player and can quietly go about his business as others step into the spotlight.  He is extremely valuable to this team.

He is absolute captain material...no doubt about it.  No nonsense and a guy you can depend on to never quit or complain.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

He's been incredible. If he keeps it up, he could find himself with Barkov in the conversation for the next generation of Toews/Kopitar/Bergeron centres around the league.

That's what i've been dreaming about since we drafted him, and the dream is becoming a reality right in front of our eyes that's for sure! Oh Captain, my Captain :gocan:

• Upvote 1

On 2018-11-08 at 8:35 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

BoHo has become a Bruin killer. 4 goals, 2 assists and 1 fight that he won in the two matchups this season. 

Good. About time we have a Bruin killer. 

• Upvote 2

If his play keeps up, is Bo in the conversation for the Selke?  

Once Sutter and Beagle come back, his defensive minutes and amount of face offs will come down.  If his offence goes up higher at that point, does he get Selke consideration?

7 minutes ago, GoodCanadianKideh said:

If his play keeps up, is Bo in the conversation for the Selke?  

Once Sutter and Beagle come back, his defensive minutes and amount of face offs will come down.  If his offence goes up higher at that point, does he get Selke consideration?

Nah. Taking a ton of faceoffs doesn't equal a selke nod. He has been looking solid defensively this year for sure, but not selke solid. One day I think there is a very real possible of him earning one though.

21 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Nah. Taking a ton of faceoffs doesn't equal a selke nod. He has been looking solid defensively this year for sure, but not selke solid. One day I think there is a very real possible of him earning one though.

I actually feel face offs get overrated in the conversation for the Selke, so I think he'll definitely get consideration at this rate. If the season ended now, I suspect he'd be at least top 10 in voting. That said, I agree with your sentiment that winning the Selke should be about more than just winning face offs.

On 11/16/2018 at 2:05 PM, The_Rocket said:

I feel like he doesn't get talked about enough even though he continues to be better every season

That's the thing, if we think back to when he was breaking in everyone had their predictions of his ceiling.

Recollection is that the MOST optimistic were that he could become a good 2C and perhaps even a 1C in a pinch. He's 23 and he's already there or perhaps passing that forecast...the thing is, he just keeps getting better and pushing harder. 

On 11/8/2018 at 9:22 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Good call as many doubted this and had 2/3 C as his ceiling.   He is heading to that ceiling while still very young and could stay there a very long time.

Again, good call Kenny.

Thanks Rob.  I'm liking our Center depth with EP & Bo.  Can't wait until Sutter and Beagle return so Bo can focus on offense again. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 12:37 PM, Attila Umbrus said:

That's what i've been dreaming about since we drafted him, and the dream is becoming a reality right in front of our eyes that's for sure! Oh Captain, my Captain :gocan:

I know John Shorthouse has used this line many times since the Naslund era, but have yu ever listened to the actual poem?

It doesn't really fit the sports genre.