The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

Healthy scratch today for Hutton, after scoring in his last game. It's disappointing, he was part of the reason I'm watching the game.

LaBate also a scratch, I wonder when these guys will get to play? I mean the Comets have the divison locked up with 10 games to go.. give them some exposure!

Healthy scratch today for Hutton, after scoring in his last game. It's disappointing, he was part of the reason I'm watching the game.

LaBate also a scratch, I wonder when these guys will get to play? I mean the Comets have the divison locked up with 10 games to go.. give them some exposure!

trying to win the conference?

trying to win the conference?

Even then, I think Hutton is better than Negrin, who is the only guy he has to beat out right now. The comets have an injured D corps with the likes of Andersson, Pedan and Erhardt right now. It was a decision between Negrin or Hutton, and Hutton sits.

They aren't related but Negrin's dad is the president of Aquilini Development and Construction Inc. Seems that he was given a shot on the comets as a favor to his dad. https://ca.linkedin.com/pub/david-negrin/20/869/555

Thanks, I've always wondered what the deal was with Negrin.

I'm glad to see Aqua remains 'hands on'!

• Upvote 1

They aren't related but Negrin's dad is the president of Aquilini Development and Construction Inc. Seems that he was given a shot on the comets as a favor to his dad. https://ca.linkedin.com/pub/david-negrin/20/869/555

This has been discussed a lot on HF Boards. It is the only explanation that makes sense as to why Negrin plays as much as he does. I find it hard to believe Green plays Negrin because of his ability.

• Upvote 1

This has been discussed a lot on HF Boards. It is the only explanation that makes sense as to why Negrin plays as much as he does. I find it hard to believe Green plays Negrin because of his ability.

I just assumed they signed him because he's got an Italian last name...I guess that's only half of it.

The Canucks also drafted the old goalie coach's son.

• Upvote 1

The Negrin thing has always mystified. The Ben Hutton thread is a strange place to find answers, but thanks just the same.

if they really play negrin because he's related to the canuck owners thats ridiculous its gonna be interesting to see what trades benning makes at draft we have to many nhl wingers next yr with baerchi coming up to bigs 3-4 players need to be gone plus we need a centre who actually wins face-offs other than horvat. plus utica has to many left shot dmen prospects and like 2-3 right handers hopefully benign will find balance there as well