The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

Weird, somebody got some splaining to do.

There was no reason to keep him there. We have 9 D still with the team and if it was really necessary, we could always send them Cederholm or Subban if the injury bug really struck.

I believe he will be signed to a regular contract by the team and that he will be at camp in September. I don't have any proof of this, just gut feeling that they won't let him walk and are probably working on a regular contract for him. PTO was just a stop gap measure to see how he could perform in a professional league.

There was no reason to keep him there. We have 9 D still with the team and if it was really necessary, we could always send them Cederholm or Subban if the injury bug really struck.

I believe he will be signed to a regular contract by the team and that he will be at camp in September. I don't have any proof of this, just gut feeling that they won't let him walk and are probably working on a regular contract for him. PTO was just a stop gap measure to see how he could perform in a professional league.

The Canucks signed Hutton in March. http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=758351

• Upvote 1

He has a contract with the Canucks that begins next season. His PTO was strictly with Utica presumably as a favor the the Canucks. I would imagine since it's been 2 months his PTO has expired. Curious as to what happens next.

PTO's are good for 24 games, regardless of how long it takes to hit that. and a player can be signed to a PTO twice in a single season. he only had 4 games with the comets, so that's not the reason.

Nothing is handed easily to the young prospects in Utica. The number of veterans and the focus on winning ensures that.

Promising defenceman Ben Hutton went from the University of Maine to Utica. He played four regular-season games. But he was 10th on their depth chart and was shuttled to Vancouver last week to begin working on his off-season strength and conditioning program.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Botchford+Jake+Virtanen+popping+evolution/11072805/story.html Edited by avelanch
  • Upvote 1