The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

Hutty is going to be this years Bo Sang in Utica. I hope he gets paired with a reliavle d so he can focus on gettinn his pro offence level up. Im stoked to see Uticas d next year actually :)

Would love to see that happen. He has the upside to work his way up to first pairing and #1PP for the Comets this season.

And after seeing more of his personality from all those development camp videos, he really seems like a quality person with a great attitude.

I've been a big fan of Hutton based on his play. But after getting more of a sense of who he is as a person, I'm even more hopeful (and similar things could be said about Subban IMO).

• Upvote 1

He didn't have a great season last year unfortunately. The year before he was amazing.

Yeah but that's because he lost a lot of good teammates last year. It was basically him, some Stars prospect (I think) and a bunch of newbies. He was still relied on as their no. 1 defenseman and put up some pretty decent points. I expect him to hopefully hit around 20-30 points in the AHL and I'd be pleased.

He didn't have a great season last year unfortunately. The year before he was amazing.

His team absolutely blew last year compared to the year before where they were somewhere between passably adequate and fair to middlin'. I only saw 4 games but it was pretty painful to watch at times, especially one of the games that was on TSN2 (there were other witnesses on CDC for that one :shock: ). He didn't have a lot of help. It's not surprising that his point totals dropped when you see how much time they were spending in their zone. I wouldn't be shocked if that factored in to his decision to turn pro because it didn't look like they were going to be any better next year either.

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter

His team absolutely blew last year compared to the year before where they were somewhere between passably adequate and fair to middlin'. I only saw 4 games but it was pretty painful to watch at times, especially one of the games that was on TSN2 (there were other witnesses on CDC for that one :shock: ). He didn't have a lot of help. It's not surprising that his point totals dropped when you see how much time they were spending in their zone. I wouldn't be shocked if that factored in to his decision to turn pro because it didn't look like they were going to be any better next year either.

On the up side, Maine sucking so incredibly hard benefits us. I wouldn't have wanted Hutton to be in the NCAA too much longer. He's definitely ready for the AHL and to take that next step in his development.

• 1 month later...

I don't expect him to crack the roster out of Training Camp, but I do expect him to make his NHL debut this season. He'll probably the second or third defenseman called up once injuries hit the Canucks d-corps this season. This kid's got it. A 5th round steal. I expect good things from him going forward.

• Upvote 1