The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks enter ECHL agreement with Alaska Aces

45 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Surrey is Canada's version of Detroit.

Surrey is Beautiful. Thats why everyone in Vancouver is now moving to Surrey.

Whiterock is nice and quiet or if you want a bit more of a nightlife you should live close to Surrey Central. Surrey Central is the Vancouver like it used to be pre Expo.  Back in the time when Vancouver was actually an Attractive place to live. 

Great move.

I don't think the travel distance between them and Utica is much of a factor. How many players are likely to be going back and forward? One or two at most I reckon and it's good training for when they step up to Vancouver/Utica.

I love the similarity between the fanbase of Anchorage and Utica. They will be a great fanbase for our prospects.

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2016 at 9:59 PM, Western Red said:

Thanks a lot for this information VC! I really like this deal. Kalamazoo just sounds like nowhere! At least you know what you're in for when sent to Alaska... But honestly, Anchorage sounds like a really nice place with lots to explore. I wish we didn't sell Alaska for a few otter pelts and $35,000. Lol, jk I have no idea what it went for,

Russia sold it, not us.  Pretty sure it was 6 million.

Edit: 7.2 mill.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2016 at 1:16 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Better than Stockton. I'm surprised nobody on that team got killed.

I think you might be mistaking Stockton for Compton...Stockton is in northern California, and is in the agriculture belt where we get some of our fruits and veggies from.  As well, it's a military town, so it's not the quagmire that might think it is.

Compton = Whalley X 1 trillion...home of the Crips and Bloods.  Way scarier than the UN, Red Scorpions, Indy Soldiers or any SE Asian gang that resides in Surrey.

• 1 month later...
On 22/08/2016 at 1:03 PM, smithers joe said:

utica is fitting. before we got our nhl team, the canucks were the farm team of the new york rangers.

the canucks also had a long and successful affiliation agreement with the syracuse crunch in the 90s. the hamilton canucks moved to syracuse in 94 and remained the canucks affiliate until 2000.

Archived