The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Candella | D

thejazz97

Interview with TSN Hamilton.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/hamilton-1150/candella-thankful-vancouver-had-a-lot-of-faith-in-me-1.516599

Edit: I love how he already understands it's probably going to be 2 years in junior, and then another couple years in the AHL before he's ready for a shot at the Canucks lineup. The player's patience is critical in development.

On 28/06/2016 at 1:46 AM, funkyfresh said:

Interview with TSN Hamilton.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/hamilton-1150/candella-thankful-vancouver-had-a-lot-of-faith-in-me-1.516599

Edit: I love how he already understands it's probably going to be 2 years in junior, and then another couple years in the AHL before he's ready for a shot at the Canucks lineup. The player's patience is critical in development.

Very well spoken IMO.

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

I think I'll be following this guy closely, he has a lot going for him and I look forward to seeing more from development camp and his D+1 year in junior.

Stamkos stays

Weber to mtl

Subban to nash

Hall to njd

And youre in here talking about cole &^@#ing candella Lmao

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, nzan said:

Heard an ad for Hamilton Bulldogs today and one of the players they highlighted was Cole Candella.

It seems there's starting to be some noise that he's going to be a real prospect. Or at least a top dman for his team in junior, kinda like Brisebois...not bad!

JB's making the most of his draft picks.

6 hours ago, nzan said:

yeah, it seems a lot of these late picks are becoming leaders on their junior teams. that can't be anything but good news for our organization.

Definitely seems like a sound draft strategy: target late round picks who might have been underutilized or who had limited opportunity due to injury or roster pressures. And focus on the players that appear to be in their coaches' plans for an increased role in their D+1 season (which basically makes those junior coaches part of your scouting department--at least as far as how they view their player's potential to improve and take on larger roles).

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely seems like a sound draft strategy: target late round picks who might have been underutilized or who had limited opportunity due to injury or roster pressures. And focus on the players that appear to be in their coaches' plans for an increased role in their D+1 season (which basically makes those junior coaches part of your scouting department--at least as far as how they view their player's potential to improve and take on larger roles).

I just remember in Detroits glory years talking with an old Wings fan. I was taking the typical line that it was amazing they had picked up so much star power in late rounds. His take was it wasn't terribly surprising as they had always specifically targeted guys in late rounds that were known to be high-character and then focused on developing that...I mean it all sounds so obvious but if we're actually carrying through in a similar vein it can only be good.

Archived