The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommend a TV Show

gmen81

On 2016-07-28 at 6:10 PM, AV's Coin said:

If you have not watched The Fall yet it will fit right in to your preferred genre. Plus Gillian Anderson!

River, Happy Valley, Broadchurch are great. Also try Luther.

this teaser-trailer just came out today for season 3.

Spoiler

Also I'd recommed Scott and Bailey.

And gilmore girls.

1 - Deadwood. This show only had three seasons but the writers just blew this out of the water. I can't understand why it was not renewed.

2 - The Wire. Damn. This show is the most comprehensive ever. Where Sopranos started to fall short after season 3 because their world got too big, each season of this, and there are five, focuses on a different part of the city of Baltimore and how they relate to each other.

3 - Boardwalk Empire.  Loosely based on true events this show is a must see for anyone who likes all things early mafia/gangster related. Just so well written and acted and ties in so many real characters and events.

Hmmmm, looks like HBO takes the cake.

1 hour ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

1 - Deadwood. This show only had three seasons but the writers just blew this out of the water. I can't understand why it was not renewed.

2 - The Wire. Damn. This show is the most comprehensive ever. Where Sopranos started to fall short after season 3 because their world got too big, each season of this, and there are five, focuses on a different part of the city of Baltimore and how they relate to each other.

3 - Boardwalk Empire.  Loosely based on true events this show is a must see for anyone who likes all things early mafia/gangster related. Just so well written and acted and ties in so many real characters and events.

Deadwood was amazing.

I'd like to add The Oz, Six Feet Under, & Rome to this list. Sopranos, 'natch.

4 hours ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

3 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Deadwood was amazing.

I'd like to add The Oz, Six Feet Under, & Rome to this list. Sopranos, 'natch.

Curb Your Enthusiasm and Band of Brothers are also excellent HBO shows. I wasn't able get into Sopranos but Six Feet is in my top 5 all time.

On 8/22/2016 at 5:20 PM, Hugor Hill said:

The Night Of. on HBO.

I want to watch this! But I have a question, is it a family friendly type show? Meaning is there any sexual scenes in it? Its HBO, so I'm assuming there is. But I couldn't find anything online. Can this show be watched with parents, brother and sister?

7 minutes ago, Apricot said:

I want to watch this! But I have a question, is it a family friendly type show? Meaning is there any sexual scenes in it? Its HBO, so I'm assuming there is. But I couldn't find anything online. Can this show be watched with parents, brother and sister?

Minimal sex scenes.  I think two.  Brief nudity. One prison oral sex scene which is very brief.  The camera is from behind:bigblush:

great great show. Best I've watched since GOT.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Minimal sex scenes.  I think two.  Brief nudity. One prison oral sex scene which is very brief.  The camera is from behind:bigblush:

great great show. Best I've watched since GOT.

Oh lord, would you happen to know what episode that is on? So I can have the remote in my hand and fast forward button as soon as that scene comes up :mellow:. Usually IMDB has information on parental guide, but there is nothing on there. But I thought there is no way there's no scenes, its HBO! 

13 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Oh lord, would you happen to know what episode that is on? So I can have the remote in my hand and fast forward button as soon as that scene comes up :mellow:. Usually IMDB has information on parental guide, but there is nothing on there. But I thought there is no way there's no scenes, its HBO! 

Check wiki episode list.  Sorry I'm not sure off the top of my head.  They are very brief and the nudity is minimal.  In no way are the scenes gratuitous/over done.  But yes not for kids.

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Check wiki episode list.  Sorry I'm not sure off the top of my head.  They are very brief and the nudity is minimal.  In no way are the scenes gratuitous/over done.  But yes not for kids.

Okay, thanks dude!!

Just now, Apricot said:

Okay, thanks dude!!

Thinking further the show is quite intense most of the way.  There are some heavy themes and really this what makes it not really suitable for a younger audience.  Even if there was no nudity/sex scenes there are still a few scenes of violence mostly surrounding the visuals of a crime scene.  

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Thinking further the show is quite intense most of the way.  There are some heavy themes and really this what makes it not really suitable for a younger audience.  Even if there was no nudity/sex scenes there are still a few scenes of violence mostly surrounding the visuals of a crime scene.  

My bro, sis and I are all in our 20s. I mainly just wanted to know if we can all watch with the fam jam. 

14 minutes ago, Apricot said:

My bro, sis and I are all in our 20s. I mainly just wanted to know if we can all watch with the fam jam. 

Oh ya all good.  I think the 18a rating is fair or maybe an accompanied more mature but younger  teen but definitely not much younger than 18

Archived