The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

3 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

lindholm signed ..so ...pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeee mr. trouba ...your turn -_-

Unless Winnipeg turns into a US based team, or Overhardt dies, don't expect him to play this year.

20 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

you are so brutal ... i m sensible man :(

:lol:

While this has been the "rumour" for quite some time now, the fan base in Winnipeg (after attending the Heritage Classic) supported Chevy and Co. in making Trouba sit it out.

Winnipeg is an incredibly patient and knowledgable fan base for their hockey team. And considering Chevy is already a patient GM, having support from the fans in his "take it slow" approach only helps things for him and his staff.

While I'm no expert, Trouba and Overhardt really screwed the pooch on this one. It's one thing to hold out for a fair dollar amount (ie: Lindholm, Ristolainen), it's quite another when you haven't earned the right to choose where you play. And him coming back into the dressing room would really be tough now as well. Can't imagine it would go over well with the leadership group who've chosen to play there in Buff, Wheeler, Perreault, Stafford and Scheifele.

But, like I said, I'm no expert.

nhl-los-angeles-kings-framed-picture-CW2

Los Angeles Kings - Prospect Report

The Kings have not drafted higher than 54th overall the last two years, and traded a number of picks and prospects out for established veterans. However, through mid-to-late draft choices and college free agent signings, the cupboards remain stocked. On Dobber's most recent Top 200 Fantasy Prospect Forward list (http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-home/hockey-rankings/top-200-fantasy-prospect-forwards-oct-2016/), the following players are in our system:

#39 - Kevin Labanc

#44 - Danton Heinen

#70 - Frank Vatrano

#104 - Jean-Christophe Beaudin

#122 - Kalle Kossila

#128 - Cole Ully

#154 - A.J. Greer

#159 - Martins Dzierkals

#165 - Giorgio Estephan

#167 - Warren Foegele

#190 - Tanner Kero

#196 - Adam Helewka

In addition, a number of other prospects have had very solid starts to the season:

Louis Belpedio, D - The defenseman was named captain of his NCAA team, and has 3 goals and 3 assists in his first 5 games.

Jesse Gabrielle, LW - The Prince George Cougar is bursting out of the gate with 6 goals and 8 assists in his first 9 games.

Simon Bourque, D - The captain of the Oceanic has 13 points in his first 12 games.

It is expected that some of these prospects may be used as trade chips in the coming months as the Kings load up for another playoff run.

WQWDX1cx.jpg

Put your hands up in the air, and waive em like your tied for a top ten spot!!!!

For Immediate Release: Vancouver Canucks GM Press Flyer Oct 28th 2016

Gm and fellow fan of the Vancouver Canucks, Primal Optimist, sat down today and gave a short presser in response to questions that his team can continue this momentum beyond the first ten games. Here is what he had to say. 

"We are pleased to see the team doing nicely, and I don't think it is a fluke, no. Our standout of the month has got to be Charlie Coyle, but that doesn't take anything away from a dozen other top end contributors here, and to think Nik Kronwall has been injured this whole time. If you can be in a top ten position without a key guy like Nik, your a decent team.  I can't take the credit for that, coming in this summer and evaluating where we were at, where we needed to be and making a few changes so far, I think the credit, if any, is in the changes I didn't make.   These guys in the room, its all them. They are within a competitive shot of being a top five team, tied for a top ten spot and frankly to be up there with the likes of some of the GM's at this end of the spectrum, its real fun that is for sure.

I want to instate a short 3 stars of the month idea around our rink and today is as good a day as any to announce the main guys in the running for our first of the year 3stars of October. The short list includes the aforementioned Charlie Coyle along with Travis Hamonic (one goal three assists great plusminus and some earned plm's) Steve Mason (who rang in thus far with a SO win, Regulation Win and an OT loss to go with an early goalie assist), Valterri Filpulla (with a skilled contribution of 3 goals and 2 assists) and Andre Markov (chipping in 4 assists including two on special teams). Anyone can explode on the ice this weekend, and the final 3 Stars won't be announced until November, but we are really excited about our club going forward and can't wait until the so called 20 games in analysis.  Thank you and keep your stick on the ice"

Archived