The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

On 2/20/2019 at 9:16 AM, Shift-4 said:

I like the healthy eating discussion in here.

Combine this with the workout thread and we have a little bit of Nirvana going on.  ::D 

Because I'm stuck at work/can't get away, lunch consisted of a handful of (horrible) no name salt & pepper chips.   Now I have heartburn and feel like I'm dying.   And just ruined the healthy eating discussion.  

Ate my snack of raw veggies earlier, so I guess it counts for something.

Going to the game tonight...grabbing teriyaki from next door before I leave work.  Because, by then, I'll be starving.  

• Cheers 1

I thought I would have a nice Quiche(Yes,real men eat Quiche) with salad for dinner this evening and try and be a good boy.Like everyone, I could lose a few pounds and fried foods are helping me AT ALL!

Tomorrows menu New York Steak on the bbq, with mushrooms and red peppers. Weather permitting of course.

I rarely eat out anymore,because I know for a fact I am a better cook than a lot of these so called chefs,

just because you work in some dirty(rat infested cockroach riddled) greasy spoon restaurant doesn't make you a chef,and I know exactly what is going into my food.

Even four star places are iffy now,and why,cause the pay is terrible and these folks GAVE UP, it's all about the profits not being good to customers.

Good luck staying in a budget with all your skip the dishes ordering as well.

If you learn to cook you are now able to look after yourself like a bona fide BOSS! LIFE SKILL 101.

• Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_20190302_185713.thumb.jpg.29158786741225545b17a2b6acfc4024.jpg

Moroccan style chicken thigh with quinoa, subbing for couscous (gluten allergy; not me lol), olives, garlic, oregeno, chick peas and prunes, splash of white wine and baked, and it tured out pretty damn good. Never really ate quinoa before, but it's a sleeper ingredient for rice, or in this case, couscous 

• Cheers 1

Made Pad Thai again last night. Quick, easy, tasty. I’ve always mixed in quite a bit of Oyster Sauce. Otherwise, I feel like it’s pretty bland. Sriracha is good too, but not everyone likes a little kick. But I do feel the Oyster Sauce is necessary.

• Cheers 1
51 minutes ago, Monty said:

Made Pad Thai again last night. Quick, easy, tasty. I’ve always mixed in quite a bit of Oyster Sauce. Otherwise, I feel like it’s pretty bland. Sriracha is good too, but not everyone likes a little kick. But I do feel the Oyster Sauce is necessary.

I made some chili pepper infused sesame oil for the sole purpose of finishing my pad Thai.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BBQ'd the famous GNAR BURGERS tonight!

Nothing says 420 like doritos and bacon right in your burger patty. 

Served with a big ass salad. Made two dressings, one for the kids, one for my wife and I. Only difference - I used cannabis infused olive oil for ours. This batch was made from the Blueberry I grew last summer. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This was Easter Dinner (without the sides):

131595D1-9C94-48A4-A0EC-E2A9796A8B05.jpeg

Braised short ribs on top of a bed of ridiculously unhealthy mashed potatoes. The short ribs were braised in Guiness and beef broth, along with some spices (ie: Thyme) as well as celery, carrots, onions, etc, for about 3 hours.

This was so tasty and rich, that I was actually a little sick afterwards, and not because I ate too much. I’m so used to working out and eating more healthy, that my system was not ready for what I made.

I only had one serving, while my wife and brother each had two servings. That’s when I know I’ve done well, when people go up for seconds. That’s all I need to fill my heart up.

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Elk steak (medium rare) with roasted asparagas and a red wine blackberry sauceDSC_0249.thumb.JPG.8ddccb96fc212e3545b687f2f2d0c138.JPG

That's boner material.

BBQ Sunday-

Rib eye and salmon 

Asparagus

Roasted taters

Greenhouse salad (all that's ready is lettuce and some baby peas) w/ vinaigrette.

• Cheers 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I made buffalo crocodile tail nuggets. Cut in to chunks, dip in a mix of equal parts hot sauce and buttermilk, dredge in mix of flour, salt and pepper and deep dry for 2 minutes in small batches and serve with ranch 

Tastes just like chicken for when you wanna be adventurous and say you tried an exotic meat xD