The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Craigs List - 2017 NHL Draft (March)

Rush17

26 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My fear is Patrick falls to the Canucks. Because folks are going to second guess him for decades. You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. 

If we pick him up and he becomes a healthy #1 centre, that's fantastic. But if he's injury prone, and struggles for 5-7 years and becomes a 3rd line centre like Malhotra the negative nancies here won't let him live it down. 

if he drops to us. I'd take him.  it's worth the risk.  he is clearly the most talented player in the draft. but I would be pretty cautious with anything health related until his body settles down.  

we got some gangster doctors:D

28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My fear is Patrick falls to the Canucks. Because folks are going to second guess him for decades. You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. 

If we pick him up and he becomes a healthy #1 centre, that's fantastic. But if he's injury prone, and struggles for 5-7 years and becomes a 3rd line centre like Malhotra the negative nancies here won't let him live it down. 

I really want Hischier.  I wish he didn't climb so high lol.

I find it amazing how different all of the lists are. Places 3-10  in the range we pick for instance Necas. 

MARTIN NECAS    
a.k.a. "Martin Nečas"  
 views: 34229

BIRTHYEAR1999-01-15BIRTHPLACENove Mesto na Morave, CZE

AGE18NATIONCzech Rep.

POSITION C SHOOTSR

HEIGHT185 cm / 6'1"WEIGHT76 kg / 168 lbs

YOUTH TEAM HC Zdar nad SazavouCONTRACTJunior

NHL DRAFTTop Prospect eligible for the 2017 NHL Entry Draft

RANKINGS

Ranked #6 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #17 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #23 by Future Considerations
Ranked #10 by McKeen's Hockey

It seems to me that any guy in the bottom 28 could go anywhere from 3rd to 30th.

It wouldn't surprise me if JB stepped up with our first 2nd and grabbed Dipietro to keep our goalie factory churning. 

3 hours ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Interesting to see Owen Tippet plummet in those rankings

Button says he's got a good shot and skater, but has a lot of work to do in other areas of his game. His hockey sense isn't where it needs to be. 

Interesting to see how high Necas has risen, Owen Tippett and Liljegren have fallen. 

I think there's a lot of safe picks and a lot of high-risk, high reward picks this draft.

Nolan is certainly a high risk high reward pick, he's got potential to be a top line center but with injuries and doubters he may easily end up a 3C if that.

I believe Necas is a bit of a wild-card at #3 to be honst, who knows how his game will translate.

Liljegren is the big one. Good offence, nice size, defence is a question-mark but he's got potential to be the next Erik Karlsson/Hedman, while at the same time may possibly end up a bottom pairing D-man.

For me, the safe sound picks this year are Hirschier, Vilardi, Mittelstadt and Makar. Hirschier's looking like a guaranteed playmaking dandy of a center which is exactly what the Canucks need. Vilardi is big, offensively skilled and IMO most importantly a year younger than most of the draft class and still scoring almost 1.5PPG. If JB is happy to let him brew in the minors next year then AHL the following year and then break the Canucks bottom-6 at 20-21, we'd have a future gem on our hands.

15 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Interesting to see how high Necas has risen, Owen Tippett and Liljegren have fallen. 

I think there's a lot of safe picks and a lot of high-risk, high reward picks this draft.

Nolan is certainly a high risk high reward pick, he's got potential to be a top line center but with injuries and doubters he may easily end up a 3C if that.

I believe Necas is a bit of a wild-card at #3 to be honst, who knows how his game will translate.

Liljegren is the big one. Good offence, nice size, defence is a question-mark but he's got potential to be the next Erik Karlsson/Hedman, while at the same time may possibly end up a bottom pairing D-man.

For me, the safe sound picks this year are Hirschier, Vilardi, Mittelstadt and Makar. Hirschier's looking like a guaranteed playmaking dandy of a center which is exactly what the Canucks need. Vilardi is big, offensively skilled and IMO most importantly a year younger than most of the draft class and still scoring almost 1.5PPG. If JB is happy to let him brew in the minors next year then AHL the following year and then break the Canucks bottom-6 at 20-21, we'd have a future gem on our hands.

If we have a chance at Vilardi we should definitely take him. He's big, determined, skilled and smart. If we pass on him I will never forgive JB. I do like Mittelstadt as well though. 

15 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Why is Nolan high risk?

On 2017-03-30 at 10:30 AM, cyoung said:

Believe it or not, this draft isn't horrible. The high end talent isn't where it usually is but it's got a solid top 3 rounds. 

I agree, people don't see a Matthews, McDavid, Laine or Eichel so they automatically assume it's a weak draft. I also heard that scouts will say it's a weaker draft cuz they don't want to look bad if they say these guys are can't miss prospects and then they turn out to be busts. 

19 hours ago, gmen81 said:

I agree, people don't see a Matthews, McDavid, Laine or Eichel so they automatically assume it's a weak draft. I also heard that scouts will say it's a weaker draft cuz they don't want to look bad if they say these guys are can't miss prospects and then they turn out to be busts. 

Totally makes sense. Can easily get 3 strong prospects if we are drafting high. 

Archived