The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1-15 2017 NHL MOCK DRAFT KEN KANIFF EDITION

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

sorry can't recall where you are on CM - after Vilardi would he be your next pick? I just don't know if he's got the body of work to be considered a top 6 C but all of this is a big gamble. I keep swinging back around to really shoring up our D. 

I'm ok with Glass Vilardi or Mittelstadt,... I'd rather shore up our D next year since there are way better D available and less centers.  

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I'm ok with Glass Vilardi or Mittelstadt,... I'd rather shore up our D next year since there are way better D available and less centers.  

looking at all the draft rankings it seems that CM and Vilardi leap over each other a lot but Glass seems to be constantly below them and Bob Mac has Miro Heiskanen over CM.... but we'll see if Jim has any moves in him pre-draft.  I don't see us having a legit shot at Duchene and I'm not all that excited about Spooner tbh so C makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It doesn't matter how many games they player, Chyhcrun only player 68 games.  Guess it doesn't count since he didn't play a full season. Both Sbisa and Bogo played enough games to no longer be considered rookies in the NHL.   Bogosian put up 19 points in 47 games.  Chychrun put up 20 points in 68 games.  Bogosian had a way better 1st NHL season than Chychrun....  I will mark that down but sadly you will be long gone, you come on here to make you crazy draft claims and them bail for a year when they were wrong. 

So what I cant come on here at draft time... the only time that i really want to talk to guys like you? I like the debate, as you can see i dont converse in other sectors of the forums.

You come on here and claim Chych had a bad rookie season as a number 6. This isn't true. You also claim that they rushed him into the league.... your opinion. You let a guy rot in junior and it can backfire too.  Unlike BOGO, the yotes brought him in bit by bit, game by game. As thexseason went on he got more and more ice time. Chych was ready and thankful for it.  He will only get better. They did it the way it should be done.

Just now, CHYCHRUN said:

So what I cant come on here at draft time... the only time that i really want to talk to guys like you? I like the debate, as you can see i dont converse in other sectors of the forums.

You come on here and claim Chych had a bad rookie season as a number 6. This isn't true. You also claim that they rushed him into the league.... your opinion. You let a guy rot in junior and it can backfire too.  Unlike BOGO, the yotes brought him in bit by bit, game by game. As thexseason went on he got more and more ice time. Chych was ready and thankful for it.  He will only get better. They did it the way it should be done.

reading comprehension.  I never said Chyhcrun has a bad rookie season, I said he has an ok season,  But he was clearly rushed and didn't belong in the league yet, the amount of times he laid on the ice proved it.  Chyhcrun's first 20 games he played 17 min/gm, he finished the season in the last 20 games averaging 17:23.  Not much for ice time increase.  In fact the middle part of the season he only averaged 15:43 due do being hurt so much.

2 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

Hey man it will be difficult to f' up a selection in the top five. I could be out-to-lunch but I am thinking Jimbo may trade down this year to pickup an extra prospect and/or draft choice.

He probably will.......we need more mediocre players.

Archived