The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Red Dead Redemption 2(Ps4/Xbox1) - October 26, 2018(Updated)

Tre Mac

• 2 weeks later...

Played the hell out of the original, but I haven't turned my PS4 on in over a year. Witcher 3 was the last game I played, and I liked it so much I played it twice with an unopened copy of Dark Souls 2 and Fallout 4 twiddling their thumbs on the sidelines. Red Dead 2 might be the one that gets me to fire it back up again.

• Tre Mac changed the title to Red Dead Redemption 2(Ps4/Xbox1) - October 26, 2018

Rockstar Talks About RDR2’s Evolved NPCs, the Much More Detailed Interiors and the Organic Activities

Author Photo
May 4, 2018
31Shares
Share Tweet Submit
RDR2_Gunpoint-740x416.jpg

New Red Dead Redemption 2 information keeps pouring out after Rockstar’s meeting with select press outlets. Yesterday we wrote about the developers’ effort to make players feel like the van der Linde gang is real.

Now, French website JeuxActu managed to sit down with Rockstar’s Rob Nelson (Co-Studio Head and Art Director) and an incredibly in-depth interview resulted from that chat. Below we’ve highlighted his description of the evolved NPC system we’ll see in Red Dead Redemption 2 and how the player’s interactions can organically result in the discovery of certain activities.

gta-6-6Related GTA 6 Announcement Inside GTA Online Was a âHoaxâ Made With Mods, Rockstar Says

Being immersed in a credible world with a captivating story, capable of engaging the player, while giving them the freedom to lose themselves, then returning to the main quest in a natural way, is something important for us. And that was our main goal for Red Dead Redemption 2, to erase the boundaries between all these aspects to make it coherent and organic. Everything must appear natural, without any transition or lag, to reinforce the sense of immersion and connection between each mission. For example, in the camp, a simple conversation with an NPC can result in a bank robbery, or reveal important details about the story, background, and thus trigger a new mission that the player may want to do right away or later. Simply leaving the camp to search for supplies may allow the player to discover other interesting activities or other goals. Everything is done to reinforce the feeling of embodying the character Arthur, an outlaw who is part of a famous gang, not to mention that everything must remain as entertaining as possible.

The gang needs money to do this, you will have to carry out missions as diverse as various to rob banks, intercept trains, steal from people, hunt, but also resell. There are 1001 ways to make money, even outside missions, in an honorable way, and less respectable too, to let the player do what he wants. You can kill people to steal their money, but you can also threaten them and extract their currency less violently. To leave the choice to the player is very important for us. It is not a Manichean system, it is not good against evil, everything is nuanced. Of course, we play Arthur and he has his own character, but you are given the opportunity to shape his way of behaving a bit.

The idea of the gang, the camp, the interaction between the characters, those with whom there will be cutscenes, the way the horse behaves, which must be in osmosis with the attitudes of Arthur. The animal has a high level of interaction with the character, depending on your reactions. This is also valid with other animals. In the demo, you could see a deer grazing, raise his head as Arthur approaches him. If you are never a threat to him, he will continue to eat quietly. On the other hand, if you shoot him, there will be several different animations.

Nelson also revealed something that should make Rockstar fans very happy. While their open world games have long been incredibly detailed, the interiors always suffered a bit by comparison; this shouldn’t be the case anymore.

For Red Dead Redemption 2, we tried to go further in the interiors. You can go into a house, open the drawers, take the jewelry in the drawers. Small things in even smaller things, so that the world is the deepest and most credible possible. From big coffers to small pockets in people’s jackets, you can steal everything, without ever knowing what you’re going to fall on. We tried to create a consistent world in which it is possible to jump and hold onto a train running at full speed, enter the cars, find a bag, open it and take what’s inside, come out the train without being spotted, all this will be possible.

These are lofty goals for sure, but it’s Rockstar we are talking about. If there’s any developer that can pull it off, it’s them. Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One starting October 26th.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year, and no mention has been made of a possible PC release. While it’s extremely likely that the game will release on PC at some point, today we have received another confirmation that the next open-world game by Rockstar Games is indeed in development for PC.

Reddit user theinsightfulwatcher found a LinkedIn profile of a Rockstar Leeds programmer which shows PC among the Red Dead Redemption 2 platforms. While a release date has yet to be confirmed, it’s now pretty much assured that the game will be coming to PC

• Upvote 1

RDR2 Pre-Order Available Now on Xbox & PlayStation Store, Featuring Standard, Special and Ultimate Editions

Jun 4, 2018
13Shares
Share Tweet Submit
RDR2_Campfire-740x416.jpg

Last Saturday, the Xbox Store had leaked the pre-order details and bonuses of Red Dead Redemption 2’s Standard Edition. However, the pre-order button was actually greyed out and the content was quickly removed.

Today, the pre-orders just went live on both Xbox and PlayStation digital stores. In addition to RDR2’s Standard Edition, there are two Special and Ultimate editions.

wccfreddeadredemption22Related Red Dead Redemption 2 Potential Uncertain, Holidays Still a Challenge Says Take-Two CEO

Here’s what the RDR2 Special Edition, priced at $79.99, will have to offer over the Standard Edition.

STORY MODE CONTENT
Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout in Story Mode: Get exclusive access to a Bank Robbery Mission, in which Arthur and a couple of his fellow gang members come up with a daring plan to break in and rob the bank in the southern town of Rhodes. Elsewhere, the Del Lobos Gang has taken over a hacienda – clear this gang’s hideout and rob their stash for a lucrative take.

Dappled Black Thoroughbred: This thoroughbred racehorse sporting a beautiful reverse-dappled black coat will keep you at the front of the pack with its exceptional speed and acceleration. Plus get the exclusive Nuevo Paraiso Saddle, handmade in dark chocolate leather with silver medallion detailing. This horse and saddle are available in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode.

Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses: These special Story Mode items will give Arthur a helping hand whenever they are equipped. Attaching the Eagle Talon Talisman to his boot, Arthur’s environmental awareness skill will last longer. By carrying the Iguana Scale in his personal Satchel, Arthur will take less damage while riding on horseback.

Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts: A collection of exclusive Story Mode boosts, bonuses and discounts. The Core Stat boost benefits Arthur’s Stamina, Health and Dead Eye Cores. Earn more cash during robbery missions with the Van der Linde gang, and when hunting and selling animal carcasses. Receive discounts on all upgrades to the Van der Linde gang’s camp, and much more.

The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit: This exclusive Story Mode outfit for Arthur is inspired by the clothing worn by vaqueros and banditos south of the border. The outfit features a wide brimmed black cowboy hat, deep indigo coat, worn denim chaps, leather gloves and boots.

Plus get free access to Additional Weapons in Story Mode.

On the other, the RDR2 Ultimate Edition (priced at $99.99) will grant all of the above in addition to some exclusive online content.

ONLINE CONTENT
Bonus Outfits: Get two exclusive outfits for your online character. The Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit features a long oxblood-colored coat and a vest with gold pocket watch chain. The Copperhead Enforcer Outfit features a fur-lined saddle-brown leather waistcoat and two-tone gloves.

Rank Bonuses: As a great start for all Ultimate Edition players you can rank up faster in online, up to rank 25.

Black Chestnut Thoroughbred: Outrun the competition with this thoroughbred racehorse in a striking black chestnut coat and also receive the exclusive High Plains Cutting Saddle beautifully crafted in jet-black leather with gold metal accents. This horse and saddle are available in online.

Free Access to the Survivor Camp Theme: Customize your own personal Camp in online with free access to the Survivor theme.

Plus get free access to three weapons at the Gunsmiths in Story Mode and online: the robust Volcanic Pistol, devastating Pump Action Shotgun and versatile Lancaster Varmint Rifle.

Cannot wait!  May have to pony up for the Ultimate edition.

• Upvote 1

• Tre Mac changed the title to Red Dead Redemption 2(Ps4/Xbox1) - October 26, 2018(Updated)
15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hopefully they don't got the way of GTAV and expend all their energy with the online portion.

I liked how GTA online kept coming out with new content, it's just a shame they killed the enjoyment with a couple of addons that cater to 10yo's(imo).  The new Night Club addon has potential and I loved the bikers and CEO addons, the rest sucked and turned the game into Battlefield 3.  Hopefully RDR doesn't do the same thing.  It'd be nice if they worked on both portions.

Edited by Tre Mac

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa, i've never played a Red Dead game before but that looks pretty cool.

Dumb question, but how would multiplayer for a game like this work? Would be cool to band together with buddies and create your own outlaw gang to pit against others.

On 2018-08-10 at 9:27 AM, diesel_3 said:

Dumb question, but how would multiplayer for a game like this work? Would be cool to band together with buddies and create your own outlaw gang to pit against others.

Probably similar mechanics to GTA online.  Hopefully they're able to get the loading times lower though.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:27 AM, diesel_3 said:

THat's basically what RDR1 was like online. Just galloping around with your buddies or in a carriage. Taking down waves of enemies or other players.

Obviously, this one is going to be so much more than that.

19 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

This game is going to be responsible for me dropping some serious money. Going to buy an XBOX One X, a copy of RDR2 and also a new 65" 4k TV with HDR.

Im in the same boat time for an upgrade

^^^^

Me too. Been waiting for a game to force me to finally upgrade to a PS4 and this is it!

The first one was great.So much fun with a great open world feel, I could kill hours just farting around. I did the zombie mod ( undead nightmare) too, once I finished the original story. ::D