The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite NHL Team (not named Vancouver Canucks)

Rob_Zepp

Not named Vancouver Canucks...

How about The Glorious Vancouver Canucks? We should really change that "Vancouver" on our jerseys to THE GLORIOUS VANCOUVER lol... I'd buy it :P

If I'm not cheering for the greatest team in the history of sports, I'm cheering for the players that have departed. When Dale Weise Beauty got traded I was behind Montreal... generally I always cheer for the Canadian teams because we're simply the superior country. 

Right now... 

Sens are %100 by #2 team right now. Burrows being there... 

If I had to chose some dumpster American teams it would be Florida for obvious reasons... Nashville for the Bone Show, PK and Yannick Weber... NYR not bad either, AV is too good looking not to cheer for. I love Hansen but no way I can cheer for the sharks.

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

As a big WHL fan it's hard to pick a favourite after cheering for so many young guys. I was a fan of so many individuals like Hull, Lindros, Roberts, Probert, Gretz that I am used to cheering for many teams and then dropping them as players moved. Friends in the NHL moved and so did my allegiance to their clubs.

Today, after my local interest in the Canucks, I like the Hurricanes, Florida, Anaheim and then the Oliers and Leafs. I hated the Leafs and Oilers but love their style and kids. How can you not cheer for kids like that? 

Not in same order, but I find it ironic given our lack of alignment on almost most every post you make that those are my fav three teams.   

When I was a kid I loved the ducks (always second to the canucks of course), mainly because of the movies and Disney land lol.

But now with ex canuck fan favourites Kesler Bieksa and now Miller, I still don't really have a reason not to like them. And although they are known dirty players at times, and passed their prime, I've always liked watching Getzlaf and Perry. 

And back in the day with Kariya, Selanne and JS Giguere.  Then that D they had with Pronger and Scott Niedermayer, can't forget about Rob too.

Quack Quack.

Go Canucks Go 

On 13/09/2017 at 8:04 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

OK, I tried to do this as a poll but since the NHL expanded past 20 teams, that isn't possible.    I suspect this thread has been done before but a valiant search (cursory for about 10 seconds) didn't unearth anything and as all teams are currently tied for first (and last), thought it was a time to roll this out.   This isn't a thread to hate on people's choices so please try and avoid that as possible.

Soooooo, me first.   My favourite NHL team is the Carolina 'Canes.    Second favourite (but waning to be honest) is Florida Panthers.   There are a myriad of reasons why I pick those two teams but just say I pull for them both and am typically very disappointed each season.   I do think Canes are on the rise and have some of the best D prospects in the game (Nashville of a few years back) and Florida has some good high end talent but seemingly no plan for it.

Anyway, outside of Vancouver Canucks (my third fav but may take out the Panthers if they do more bonehead things this year), who is your favourite team(s) in the NHL?   

Will they still be your favorite when they move?:P

As for the question I don't have a 2nd favorite. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Will they still be your favorite when they move?:P

As for the question I don't have a 2nd favorite. 

I hope they don't move.   I will follow loyally the franchise though no matter where they go.   I guess Flames have dibs on Seattle so who knows where but I hope the Cane stay.

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

I hope they don't move.   I will follow loyally the franchise though no matter where they go.   I guess Flames have dibs on Seattle so who knows where but I hope the Cane stay.

I think the Canes will end up in Quebec City. As for Calgary I'm sure an arena will get done. Nenshi could lose this election and talks may resume with a new mayor and counselors. Calgary certainly could use the jobs a new arena would provide.

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Like you Strome, I don't understand having a second team.  Isn't that like "cheating" on your first team?

I don't see it that way.   This isn't like dating.   I have ties to one team, got other ties to a second and then through just watching a lot of hockey started to really like a third.   Maybe I am not a hard-core "fan" then of any of them but I do feel I am a hard-core hockey fan as that has been my life to this point pretty much exclusively.    Maybe that is why I don't quite understand some of the very emotional pro and con posts about this team as I don't live or die based upon the Canucks - I do want to see them do well but if they were in the Cup final versus the Canes or the Panthers, I would be very conflicted (and likely concerned as any of the colour of the moon being different, pig excrement coming from the sky or the core temperature of the earth dropping dramatically could happen if any of those matchups occured).

57 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I don't see it that way.   This isn't like dating.   I have ties to one team, got other ties to a second and then through just watching a lot of hockey started to really like a third.   Maybe I am not a hard-core "fan" then of any of them but I do feel I am a hard-core hockey fan as that has been my life to this point pretty much exclusively.    Maybe that is why I don't quite understand some of the very emotional pro and con posts about this team as I don't live or die based upon the Canucks - I do want to see them do well but if they were in the Cup final versus the Canes or the Panthers, I would be very conflicted (and likely concerned as any of the colour of the moon being different, pig excrement coming from the sky or the core temperature of the earth dropping dramatically could happen if any of those matchups occured).

So, you're not a "fanatic"?

Never been a fan of the Habs although have a lot of respect for them, so since moving back East I've begrudging become somewhat of a Sens fan although always cheer for the Canucks when they come to town.  When i was a kid it was the Oilers like most kids my age. Watching them was a treat, always exciting and fast.  Was a bit of an LA fan when Gretzky, Kurri and McSorley moved, and was in the minority when cheering them on in 93.  Since have learned to despise them.

Right now I'm a fan of any Canadian team no matter their stripes come playoff time.  I was twenty the last time we won, and after being spoiled by the Habs and then the Oilers (with the greatest CAL team always in it) felt like we would always end up with it ( especially with Roy).  Also liked COL considering who they had and that they were the Nordiques.  

Archived