The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

21 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

And me calling larsen bad, Brock good shows I don’t have a double standard. I hold all teams the same standard. Bad=bad, good=good, no matter what logo is on the jersey.

Yes, you're a unique and beautiful snowflake and the only person capable of assessing good and bad.

beautiful-snowflake-background-1.jpg

I think @Rob_Zepp had it right the other day...

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

But I’m also not afraid to call out the moves that were smart.

What all have the Leafs done that was "smart"?

- winning the lottery?

- trading big name players for cap dumps and retaining salary?

- Robidas Island?

- trade "vets for (mid-range) picks" then use those picks to get more vets?

- dumping a goalie for nothing after paying assets for him, then using more picks to acquire another?

- signing multiple 37-year-old players?

One guy in the Vancouver sports media that I've actually been impressed with is Aynsley Scott, albeit in limited listening.  Only heard him for a few minutes one night, but he was really going off on how this whole Amazing Toronto Rebuild is a false narrative.  "They haven't done anything yet" is exactly right.

20 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

One guy in the Vancouver sports media that I've actually been impressed with is Aynsley Scott, albeit in limited listening.  Only heard him for a few minutes one night, but he was really going off on how this whole Amazing Toronto Rebuild is a false narrative.  "They haven't done anything yet" is exactly right.

Ainsley's a bright guy. I hope for the day when guys like him and Ryan Biech are the front runners of our local media coverage with their measured, informed, intelligent and insightful discourse. 

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

And me calling larsen bad, Brock good shows I don’t have a double standard. I hold all teams the same standard. Bad=bad, good=good, no matter what logo is on the jersey.

True, but everyone outside of the GTO should hate the Leafs, so ALL their players are bad, no?  :)

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

:lol:

Awe come on, I give them some credit for having a good sense of humour. They wouldn't ban me for that!

...would they? :ph34r:

It's a solid joke. I don't know if I'd be able to handle being compared to Botchford or Brough. That might have something to do with my intense hatred for both though.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

What all have the Leafs done that was "smart"?

Hiring the best best coach in hockey to lead a rebuild. 

- winning the lottery?

Sure and Making the smart move and drafting Matthews.  Taking nylander and marner. All good moves. 

- trading big name players for cap dumps and retaining salary?

That’s what you got to do when you are handcuffed by previous mgmt. we know how that feels with the NTC jb was given when he started. 

- Robidas Island?

- trade "vets for (mid-range) picks" then use those picks to get more vets?

Leafs had 20 picks between 2015&2016. Clearly they weren’t trading that many picks for vets. 

- dumping a goalie for nothing after paying assets for him, then using more picks to acquire another?

Getting rid of the old mgmts mistake. Again can’t blame new mgmt for something the old mgmt did.   Is it JBs fault he has to buy out booth?

- signing multiple 37-year-old players?

Nope not a good move. That’s a bad move. 

If winning a lottery against 4:1 odds and taking the consensus #1 pick is "smart", I didn't realize the bar had been set so low.  I guess Buffalo were idiots for losing the lottery and ending up with the consensus #2 even though they had the best odds.  And if "blaming previous management" gives one a free pass into the World of Smart, it is certainly ironic how a certain subculture continually blames current management for everything anyway, let alone the fact they came into a far worse situation.

I think someone was talking about "double standards" recently...

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

If winning a lottery against 4:1 odds and taking the consensus #1 pick is "smart", I didn't realize the bar had been set so low.

True or false?

If TO doesnt win the lottery they are still in a good position to bring in a core piece to build. 

I guess Buffalo were idiots for losing the lottery and ending up with the consensus #2 even though they had the best odds.  And if "blaming previous management" gives one a free pass into the World of Smart, it is certainly ironic how a certain subculture continually blames current management for everything anyway, let alone the fact they came into a far worse situation.

What was shanahan supposed to do about bernier? he didn’t pay the high price to get him. It’s just like you can’t really blame jb for having to buy out booth or Higgins 

I think someone was talking about "double standards" recently...

Hutton your the one guys that is better than that. don’t drop to that level. You have to pick and choose what you can blame a team for. If your willing to accept JB messed up by not trading hammer even though he had a ntc handed out by a previous mgmt. I’ll accept bernier was a fail on TO mgmt. 

Archived