The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We don’t want a soon to be 28 year old Kadri.  Yes, he will improve our club in the short term, but he’s too old for the next core, led by Bo.  Plus, Kadri likely worsens our draft position.  We move Guddy, and we want back one elite prospect or a first round pick.

Haha he turned 27 2 months ago :P

Not that I'm a big Kadri fan. I actually think he's a little puke. But Kadri can bring it, there's no debating that. He'd arguably be our best forward not named Brock and although he may decline a bit in a couple years, he'll never be overpaid at $4.5M. ATM and with the season he had last year, he's currently producing in the $6-$7M range. Not that it will ever happen, but he'd be a huge pickup for us. Especially if it were to only cost us the soon to be UFA Gudbranson. 

Well @Rush17 , look what you've started!

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

ATOI? That old disproven chestnut again? :bored:

He brought it up. He also has the worst takeaway/giveaway. Not to mention biega has as many hits, takeaways and blocks as him in 6 less games. Is biega a top line d too? No, they are both 3rd pairing. 

But your Right, Gudbranson looks scary so he's top line. Just like sestito Right?

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

I much rather trade Edler than both Erik and Tanev

erik is a leader, great locker room , Edler is a poor mans number 1 D and a real world no. 2-3 D msn

here is a thought ...

edler for 1st and 2nd or straight up for a good prospect.

gagner for pucks 

Hutton for a 1st 

Vanek for 2nd 

sign Karlsson to league Max 

let MDZ walk if we can’t fit him in the salary cap 

karlsson Tanev

pouliot Gudbranson

juolevi Stetcher 

How about Edler and gaunce for Nylander

On 12/13/2017 at 7:23 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

True or false?

If TO doesnt win the lottery they are still in a good position to bring in a core piece to build. 

What was shanahan supposed to do about bernier? he didn’t pay the high price to get him. It’s just like you can’t really blame jb for having to buy out booth or Higgins 

Hutton your the one guys that is better than that. don’t drop to that level. You have to pick and choose what you can blame a team for. If your willing to accept JB messed up by not trading hammer even though he had a ntc handed out by a previous mgmt. I’ll accept bernier was a fail on TO mgmt. 

The issue here is about how amazeballz the alleged Toronto rebuild has been, and what they've done well and not well.  What I'm hearing is excuses for their blunders and questionable moves, and ironically the ones that aren't given to the Canucks for being in the same situation.  THAT'S the double-standard.  Still not seeing all these alleged "smart" moves by the Leafs, or some amazing management maneuvers.  And Hamhuis has been beat to death -- if that is really an example of a Benning failure, then he's been extremely successful.  I'm just glad to finally hear someone in the local typically trash sports media in this town calling a spade a spade for once.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

The issue here is about how amazeballz the alleged Toronto rebuild has been, and what they've done well and not well.  What I'm hearing is excuses for their blunders and questionable moves, and ironically the ones that aren't given to the Canucks for being in the same situation.  THAT'S the double-standard. 

No. Actual blunders no one makes excuses for. Marleau for 3 years dumb, Boyle trade dumb but calling (bernier) a blunder? something that the current mgmt had nothing to do with is not a blunder. That’s not a double standard. Just like people don’t blame JB for the booth buyout. That’s two teams being held to the same standards. 

Still not seeing all these alleged "smart" moves by the Leafs, or some amazing management maneuvers.  And Hamhuis has been beat to death -- if that is really an example of a Benning failure, then he's been extremely successful. 

Jb has had some successful moves. He’s also had some blunders. Both teams have built a strong prospect pool. They knew that the old core needed a tear down and followed through on it. Not keep trying to take shortcuts to rebuild fast. Toronto came up with a plan and because of it the have one of the best young cores in the league. That plan would have happened with or without luck.. They also hired the best coach to lead those prospect out of the bottom and knowing what it takes to be a winner.  If I’m going to say pettersson is a great rebuilding move by JB then I’m going to have to give TO credit for marner and nylander. TO has made some good trades and loaded up there prospect pool. Again 20 picks in a two year span is a lot of good moves to pick up potential assets. We were pumped about JB last years draft where we had 4 picks in the top 3 rounds. Well TO had 5, 2 years in a row.  They did that by being able to get a return for the majority of there expiring assets. Just look through there trades between 2015&16. 

I'm just glad to finally hear someone in the local typically trash sports media in this town calling a spade a spade for once.

I don’t listen to van media so I don’t really know what they say so it really doesn’t bother me. I agree calling a spade a spade is what we should be doing, for all teams with the same standards. It doesn’t make you less of a fan to do so. 

9 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Haha he turned 27 2 months ago :P

Not that I'm a big Kadri fan. I actually think he's a little puke. But Kadri can bring it, there's no debating that. He'd arguably be our best forward not named Brock and although he may decline a bit in a couple years, he'll never be overpaid at $4.5M. ATM and with the season he had last year, he's currently producing in the $6-$7M range. Not that it will ever happen, but he'd be a huge pickup for us. Especially if it were to only cost us the soon to be UFA Gudbranson. 

Well @Rush17 , look what you've started!

muahaaha :)

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

we should definitely open lines of communication with Toronto. Kadri would be such a huge acquisition for us.  hes a character guy who plays on the edge.  :lol:

There's now way TO trades Kadri. He's probably their most important forward ATM other than Matthews. Time to make up a new rumour I guess!

11 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

He brought it up. He also has the worst takeaway/giveaway. Not to mention biega has as many hits, takeaways and blocks as him in 6 less games. Is biega a top line d too? No, they are both 3rd pairing. 

But your Right, Gudbranson looks scary so he's top line. Just like sestito Right?

Yay! More reductive nonsense and comparing him to a not even NHL level plug and an 8th D :rolleyes:

2nd highest PDO on the team behind Tanev. 2nd highest Dzone starts behind Tanev, plays PK, plays 18-22 minutes most nights (even with us basically having 3, 2nd pairs).

3rd pair D don't do that there Sparky.

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yay! More reductive nonsense and comparing him to a not even NHL level plug and an 8th D :rolleyes:

2nd highest PDO on the team behind Tanev. 2nd highest Dzone starts behind Tanev, plays PK, plays 18-22 minutes most nights (even with us basically having 3, 2nd pairs).

3rd pair D don't do that there Sparky.

I applaud the effort, aGENT, but it's kinda like.......

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, shiznak said:

Kadri is only 2 years older than Gudbranson, and has 4 more years left in his contract. Being two years older wouldn't make a difference in the "rebuild". 

Also, Gudbranson wouldn't fetch you an elite prospect, let alone a first round pick.

Guddy is a Dman, who will (likely) play effectively his role into his mid 30s.

Kadri, who I like too, will slow down, and his grinder game style will no longer be as effective in a couple years.  

I would certainly like to get Kadri, and then trade him though.  Like a 3 way deal?

6 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Slight edge to Kadri right now. Bo will surpass him soon though.

Bo is WAY better at down low coverage.  He's physically so much heavier, he can play that BIG BOY game, that Kadri can't.  Bo is already a much better 200 foot player.  

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

I just read the idea of getting Kadri to then move him for picks/prospects.  I’d be excited about that.  Just so long as we don’t try to crawl to the middle of the pack by getting more older guys.  I don’t want JB to give up on the rebuild.

The rebuild is real 

Archived