The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Pete M said:

and Gagner's game is mature? 

Agreed. That's the thing too, anyone can say Goldobin hasn't completely figured it out yet, and its true. But Gagner has played in the league awhile now and still makes brutal gaffes defensively quite regularly.

I remember the Nashville & Toronto games I thought Goldobin was alot more engaged than he was last year. He's not going to figure it out unless he gets a chance to actually play & from what we've seen I don't think he's going to get much worse than Gagner. 

56 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Remember 2 years ago when everyone on CDC was saying our D is already set and now Benning only needs to work on our forwards?  Good times. 

Here's the post you piped in to agree with - that you too 'remember'.

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Did I say 2 years old man? 

You have ave a very bad habit of making delusional assumptions. You may want to get that checked out 

Fail. 

6 minutes ago, Pete M said:

and Gagner's game is mature? 

That comment was not fair considering the team has guys  like Gagner and Chaput displaying zero maturity. In fact right after the comments on Goldy he was asked about the Chaput giveaway he said it was “just one mistake” 

19 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Ummmm and the rest of the team looks to be always perfectly in position?

Who taught Gagner how to play? 

All Green spoke about was a lack of scoring, who is more likely to give that to you? Chaput? Or the guy that scores “here and there”? 

My point is to dispell the idea that Goldobin might be some kind of difference-maker right now. Maybe he will be down the road, but right now he's in way over his head at this level. He is a longterm project at best. 

Just now, Jack Fig said:

My point is to dispell the idea that Goldobin might be some kind of difference-maker right now. Maybe he will be down the road, but right now he's in way over his head at this level. He is a longterm project at best. 

Any goals or assists would make a difference right now because our defensive game is not exactly shining nor is the offence 

7 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Some of the reasoning I saw:

Tryamkin = Chara 2.0, future Norris winner

Stetcher = Potentially best offensive defenseman ever for Canucks

Gudbranson = Top 2 shut down D man just entering prime

OJ = Future top 2 D man

Not to mention Hutton still young, Sbisa was playing well, Tanev great defensively, Edler... well nobody was bragging about Edler.  

Fail.

Tryamkin's first game here was March 2016.

Stecher was signed in April of 2016

Gudbranson was acquired in May 2016

OJ was drafted in June 2016.

None of those assets were here two years ago.

Good memory though.

9 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Gagner is not relevant to Goldobin's development. If Gagner wants to be Gagner that's his problem, if we want Goldy to improve then it's the coaching staff's problem. 

Players want to play...they don't get better by watching in the press box...they get better by playing the game and playing important minutes...Gagner has already failed at that.

Goldy needs to develop by playing important minutes....vets are only proving they can't get it done; therefore, let the skilled guys play and teach and coach them through their deficiencies and build confidence.

Can't see what they can do by having them sit in the press box,,and therefore, you can't see their deficiencies to correct them by having them sit in the press box; and they can't work on their game by having them sit in the press box...and you can't build confidence with them sitting in the press box.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Here's the post you piped in to agree with - that you too 'remember'.

Fail. 

Yeah he's right, the delusion on CDC I was referring to was last season not the one before.  

Tryamkin, Stetcher, Gudbranson, Tanev, Edler, OJ, Sbisa, Hutton = Benning is genius and can now concentrate on forwards. 

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Any goals or assists would make a difference right now because our defensive game is not exactly shining nor is the offence 

I'd much prefer he be in Utica learning to play the game where his mistakes won't be scrutinzed to death. 

I think the time has come for you to retire from this forum @oldnews. If you can’t have a reasonable debate instead if resorting to immature responses backed by zero facts. outright twisting of facts you do nothing but incite people

if you enjoy that then keep at it but personally I think it’s pretty sad 

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Fail.

Tryamkin's first game here was March 2016.

Stecher was signed in April of 2016

Gudbranson was acquired in May 2016

OJ was drafted in June 2016.

None of those assets were here two years ago.

Good memory though.

The fail is how literal you took someone saying 2 seasons. Does he littereally need to go back and find a quote on dec 11th, 2015.  I interpreted is as two summer aka two nhl season. If you include this year as one season and last year as another, the summer of 2016 would be considered 2 seasons ago. 

No it seems most people were able to interpret that and I’m assuming you did to but felt the need to nit pick. 

Maybe it’s time you take a break and catch a breath you’ll need it from all those minus you are handing out. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

I'd much prefer he be in Utica learning to play the game where his mistakes won't be scrutinzed to death. 

I understand but he did that and by all accounts was responsible and frankly put up great numbers

if there is no place for him with us then let’s get what we can for him on the market and let the guy have a chance elsewhere 

i for one enjoy watching the guy play. 

I definitely understand your points and appreciate your perspective 

Just now, Pete M said:

Players want to play...they don't get better by watching in the press box...they get better by playing the game and playing important minutes...Gagner has already failed at that.

Goldy needs to develop by playing important minutes....vets are only proving they can't get it done; therefore, let the skilled guys play and teach and coach them through their deficiencies and build confidence.

Can't see what they can do by having them sit in the press box,,and therefore, you can't see there deficiencies to correct them by having them sit in the press box; and they can't work on their game by having them sit in the press box...and you can't build confidence with them sitting in the press box.

Green saw what Goldy has in his few games up here. Add that to whatever vibe he's getting from him in practice and look what we have, Goldy in the press box. I agree that players should play, but if Green doesn't like what he has shown and gives him a couple games off it's no big deal, and in no way whatsoever is to be compared to Gagner getting ice time. No matter what people think of Gagner's play there's not much more for him to learn about being a pro, Goldobin however, he has a lot to learn. If he doesn't play up here soon then he should go back to Utica. 

Comparing rookies attempting to become pros to veterans is something akin to comparing apples to a left footed shoe. What's the point?

Good or bad, I personally don't care about Gagner's play this year, and I probably won't care about it next year. Good play would be gravy, but he's a placeholder for the next wave and the next wave has to be better than him to uproot him. Goldy made strides, he got called up, and promptly found himself out of the lineup. There's likely some behind the scenes stuff (at practice, for 1 example) that you don't see that Green bases his decisions off of. 

Archived