The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Press conference and a missing Goldobin?

Ossi Vaananen

1 minute ago, brownky said:

As 'unfortunate' as Erikkson has been dollar to performance wise, he's not useless.

He's a good PKer and does chip in some offense. If he were playing the way he is for 2.5-3m he'd be a fantastic asset.

He's just overpaid for what he gives. He's not a 'deficiency' to the team like Lucic is in Edmonton.

He might not be completely useless but considering that he could be our highest paid player next season. That alone could be an issue, especially for a team starving for goals.

21 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Voted good move

Don't have Twitter to vote but certainly a good move. 

Long Live Uncle Jim! 

Also reportedly @oldnews's step uncle. Is there such a thing as a step uncle? This guy protected JB through thick and thin! 

1 minute ago, canucker1971 said:

Finn !!! yes! Just a question: WHY IS FINN THE MASCOT?????? It isn't even Orca Bay anymore. I don't get it. It should be Johnny Canuck.

Fin is an adorable looking mascot... 

Mascots are to entertain kids, go to hospitals, etc, etc. 

Johnny Canuck would be pretty adulty looking compared to Fin if you ask me. 

What happened to Lady Fin? I remember us having 2 mascots for a while.

4 minutes ago, canucker1971 said:

Jim Benning resigns for 3 more years?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

After 4 years, and after saying since they took over that they will strive to be "COMPETITIVE", they haven't been competitive in any way. Apparently is in "injuries and inconsistencies" that have plagued the team.

Thoughts:

1) Most of Lenning's trades have been terrible / mediocre

2) Free agent signings have been horrendous.

3) They whiffed on both the Virtanen and Juolevi first round picks.

Wow, I am stunned. The rink is half full. Tickets are $10 outside the main ticket office from the scalpers and we are 4 years away from being a playoff team. Our defence is ridiculously terrible. Sorry gents, I am stunned.

All fair points, and the contempt leveled at you is unfair. I'm still on the fence with the Benning signing myself, but I'd rather stay the course with him than have someone come in and blow things up, like Chiarelli.

9 minutes ago, canucker1971 said:

Finn !!! yes! Just a question: WHY IS FINN THE MASCOT?????? It isn't even Orca Bay anymore. I don't get it. It should be Johnny Canuck.

I think the kiddies who go to the game would much prefer to see Fin, rather than a big burly man with an axe.

OK< now that JIMBO has job security, do the following:

1) trade tanev - He is soft and injury prone. He ALWAYS gets injured and quite frankly can't be trusted to stay healthy.

2) Trade Vanek - simple.

3) Trade Gudbranson - He is a bottom pairing defencemen. Third pairing dmen don't get $4,000,000 plus/year.

4) And for christ sakes, get the Twins to decide what they will be doing next season before the trade deadline. It is shocking they are tying the hands of the team that has made them multi millionaires by saying they won't decide what they will do until after the season ends. NO, you decide now, lets be proactive. Its TEAM BEFORE PLAYERS FOR ME

Archived