46 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

Basically right now it looks like this

Edler- Tanev

Hughes - TBD, Schenn?

Hutton - Stecher

Juolevi - Woo

Biega

When do we start planning the parade?

From now on every post will be ended with Nineteen Fifteen!! it worked with the league when the Rangers were serenaded by it every night. 1915

1 hour ago, mikeyman109 said:

Why 1915?

Edited by Pure961089

Benning seems to have done very well in this draft.  Podkolzin top 5 pick at 10. Hoglander late 1st pick at 40.  Keppen mid to late 3rd rounder at 122 in the 4th.  Common thread with all 3, work ethic.  All described as relentless.  All have big offensive upside and are battlers.  Add these guys to Bo, Miller, Pearson, Virtanen, Gaudette, Rousel, Madden, and Petey and Brock and you have a very competitive group who approach the game in the right way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Karel Plášek (176 overall). 

2018 eligible. Draft re-entry (turning 19 next month).

Probably deserved to be drafted last year, based off his stats profile and scouting reports.

Has progressed well, putting up decent 2018-19 numbers, especially for his age in Czech men’s pro.

Speedy, undersized winger with a good shot.

Jack Malone at #180 is a really nice pick.

Not sure where he was ranked, but this feels like good value, based on the quality of this player.

EDIT: ranking all over the place for this guy, but several people who’ve watched him play a fair amount consider him a 2nd round level talent. This pick could prove to be a late round steal in a few years.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Wow, the forwards keep coming, eh?

Aidan McDonough (195th overall) is another USHL guy who was ranked pretty high on some people’s lists.

(EDIT: actually I was remembering him from last year’s draft, when some people had him as a third rounder)

And drafting from an area of strength, as far as our scouting department (New England prep, Thayer, Cape Cod, Cedar Rapids—lots of good relationships there that could give our scouts the inside track).

Can’t complain at all about these choices, but just surprised they’re not taking any D.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 1