The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

3 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To VAN - Mikael Backlund

To LAK - Patrick Maroon (16% retained for 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons), Christian Fischer

@Master Mind

Good Luck Mikael and thank you for your time in Las Angeles!

3 hours ago, Nail said:

To SJS - Craig Smith, Ian Mitchell

To LAK - SJS 2019 4th Round Pick

@Master Mind

Best of luck Craig Smith and Ian Mitchell! Your face will be missed in the Kings room Craigy!

2 hours ago, Nail said:

To LAK - Jay Bouwmeester

To OTT - LAK 2020 4th Round Pick*

*Pick only transfers if Bouwmeester signs in Los Angeles for the 2019-20 season*

@Master Mind

4sUz4UK.png

LAK UPDATE:

The LAK's have one more deal pending we are just waiting for the paperwork to be cleared and processed. The LAK's new management team feels good about the moves we have made and are excited to unveil the 2019-20 Las Angeles Kings team. We will have a long off-season ahead of us as we prepare for what will be an exciting and rewarding off-season.

We as a management team would like to thank Craig Smith and Mikael Backlund for their help in making these transitions so seamless. They understood our situation and were open to exploring new opportunities in new cities. Both of these players have been first class all the way and we wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

We felt it was time to shake things up a bit and make the team a little more agile with its cap situation. This is why we were so aggressive in cleaning some salary out. We hope these changes will take that next step to become CDCFL Champions! The team acquired Jay Bouwmeester earlier this week in an attempt to add a veteran leader to our backend. We feel Jay's experience in the NHL would be invaluable to our blueline next season. We will be working diligently this summer as we try to find the remaining pieces we feel we need to push us over the top. 

We will be going all in this season to see if we can reach the ultimate goal and it will remain our focus moving forward. We feel we have the pieces in place to take a couple more runs at the Championship before some changes are needed. Excellent is our team motto and it will remain that as we integrate new young players into this established veteran team.  We as a management group have learned so much already in our short stint here in Las Angeles and are extremely humbled to be offered this opportunity to run such a first-class organization with its history of success.

Based on the moves made so far the team is currently 6.22M below the salary cap before any potential cap ceiling increase has been implemented. We feel this is a big step forward from the 9M deficit we started with. We look forward to using our cap flexibility to our advantage as we try to fill out our roster with some more youthful enthusiasm. 

We would also like to thank our fans for supporting for their continued support of the team and we look forward to bringing them a new, fun and dynamic in arena experience next season. The Staples Center will be undergoing renovations this summer and we are excited about what the changes will bring to our fans. We look forward to next season and please stay tuned for any future developments!

Thanks,

Rush17
LAK GM

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 1

To VAN - Mikael Backlund

To LAK - Patrick Maroon (16% retained for 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons), Christian Fischer

Patrick and Christian are both guys we LOVED having in the room, on the ice and most importantly on OUR side. It is never easy to say goodbye to good people, or good hockey players for that matter..but in this case, Mikael Backlund has been on our wish list for some time. Glad to have an opportunity to pick him up. Pat is no slouch in the points department, notching 7 playoff points in 19 games at the most crucial point of the year while he is generally a 30 point scorer in the NHL regular season, and we really liked having Fischer around too..He may be the best upside piece in the trade...sad to lose him. At just 22 years old, this 2015 2nd rounder put up 33 points in 79 games his rookie NHL season and then followed up with 18 in 71 this past year...now the sophomore slump is behind him, I think his future is bright. 

And yet we had this shot to bring in Mr. Backlund. The past four years he put up 47 points in 15-16..then 53, then 45 and most recently 47 NHL points and added 3 in 5 games this post season. A helluva guy with a chance of putting his name on the cup, so I should invest in him I think. haha

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 10:08 PM, _arby_18 said:

The rebuild continues in the desert. The Coyotes are very pleased to have drafted Trevor Zegras with the 8th overall pick, and he joins a list of youngsters who will hopefully begin turning around our squad in the near future. With guys like Martin NecasRobert ThomasMikey AndersonAdam BoqvistDominik Bokk and a slew of other 20-and-under kids who remain in the mix, we expect to see our turn-around start pretty soon. And with picks 38, 69 (nice), 100, 131, 149, 150 and one in the range of 152-155, we'll be adding even more to our stable.

We'd love to get back into the 1st round here right away too if possible, but would be reluctant to move anybody 23 years of age or younger off of the roster. But anybody over that age? Potentially available....

It now looks like the 'Yotes have picks 38, 69, 100, 131, 149, 150 and 153. But we also forgot about another 3rd round pick that is coming our way due to a pending trade that will be announced after the Finals are complete, which gives another pick in the 80-93 zone.  As such, we'd consider packaging picks to move up from 38...

Edited by _arby_18
  • Upvote 1

I do not recall posting a "release" notice yet:

The Vancouver Canucks release the following:

Adam Clendening

Matt Lorito

Johnny Boychuk

My apologies for the edit on a transaction post: forgot to add to the releases:

Conner Bleackley

Connor Chatham

Edited by Primal Optimist

1 hour ago, Squeak said:

Told you my exit from the playoffs was inevitable!

giphy.gif.c296e3ac09e04f1ac492e03a9f7dc604.gif

Wish I could simultaneously give you a “+” for using an Office gif and a “-“ for it being an Ed Helms one.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Monty said:

Wish I could simultaneously give you a “+” for using an Office gif and a “-“ for it being an Ed Helms one.

I try to avoid the nard dog as much as possible - but it's the perfect gif for the moment.

Re-watching The Office as we speak.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Squeak said:

I try to avoid the nard dog as much as possible - but it's the perfect gif for the moment.

Re-watching The Office as we speak.

I finished re-watching it for like the 3rd or 4th time about a month ago. Honest truth, though. I stopped before the last season. Helms was unbearable and the show was just sad.

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2019 at 10:06 PM, Nail said:

To BUF - WPG 2019 1st Round Pick (26th overall)

To CGY - VAN 2019 2nd Round Pick (49th overall), VAN 2019 3rd Round Pick (80th overall), BOS 2019 4th Round Pick (112th overall)

On 5/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, Nail said:

To BUF - WSH 2019 1st Round Pick

To WSH - German Rubtsov, BUF 2019 3rd Round Pick, BUF 2019 4th Round Pick, BUF 2019 5th Round Pick

Though I had to give up quite a bit move up in the draft, I'm very excited to begin my first off-season as the Buffalo Sabres GM by drafting Brett Leason, Ryan Suzuki and Philip Tomansio. My intention going into the draft (and this off-season) was to make this team my own and strengthen the future. With 3 promising prospects and a big deal in the works... 

giphy.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, donut47 said:

Though I had to give up quite a bit move up in the draft, I'm very excited to begin my first off-season as the Buffalo Sabres GM by drafting Brett Leason, Ryan Suzuki and Philip Tomansio. My intention going into the draft (and this off-season) was to make this team my own and strengthen the future. With 3 promising prospects and a big deal in the works... 

giphy.gif

Nice House of Lies gif!

• Cheers 1