The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post When You Are Stoned

Rate this topic

Master 112

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya a lot of people have out of body experience as well. I’m more of an agnostic , I think. Hopefully I don’t get reincarnated. Maybe all life happens at the same time...time is just something we created...

It's just that the universe is so vast (over 200 billion stars in our galaxy, each thought to have at least one planet, and hundreds of billions of other galaxies in the observable universe), and the complexity of life on this planet alone can only be explained by the laws of evolution. Time in the sense of hours minutes and years on earth are our creation, while the universe created the space-time continuum.

• Cheers 1

I think my theory is sort of a metaphysics of competing wills, somewhat influenced by Buddhist/Hindu thought and especially by the writings of Kant, Schopenhaeur, and Nietzsche--and informed otherwise by my studies of the occult and fascination with the Star Wars series, as well as my inclination to put some stock into Egyptian, Greeco-Roman, etc., polytheism. It's kinda difficult to explain, and you'd need the brain-power of someone who understands Rick and Morty to get it.

Edited by 112
27 minutes ago, 112 said:

I think my theory is sort of a metaphysics of competing wills, somewhat influenced by Buddhist/Hindu thought and especially by the writings of Kant, Schopenhaeur, and Nietzsche--and informed otherwise by my studies of the occult and fascination with the Star Wars series, as well as my inclination to put some stock into Egyptian, Greeco-Roman, etc., polytheism. It's kinda difficult to explain, and you'd need the brain-power of someone who understands Rick and Morty to get it.

Shame, I've been told my IQ is not high enough to understand Rick and Morty.

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

no way i’m going near my computer when someones throwing rocks at me. i’ll be the one hiding behind the tree. 

That was my first thought too Joe.  I guess stoned means something different to the young kids though.  

2 hours ago, 112 said:

@falcon45ca - any advice/tricks for the budding guitarist? I'm getting pretty good but am always trying to get to that next level.

Set goals. Pick a song you currently cant play, not just because you haven't learned it, but cuz it's difficult. Work on bar chords up and down the neck. Learn your modes. Start singing while playing if you haven't already. Arpeggios are a fun way to get into soloing 

Play in front of an audience. 1 hour of stage performance is worth 3 hours of basement plucking 

Edited by falcon45ca
  • Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@112 @Baer. @luckylager @Zfetch @falcon45ca @Ceres

Has anyone ever done online dating before? I'm going on my 1st one tomorrow and have no idea how to prepare myself...jk, my overconfident ass will take care of that. But in terms of first dates, you guys have any suggestions or memories where you nailed a solid night on a first date? Right now, I'm thinking at a bar that has a couple pool tables, air hockey, darts, etc. Something that supplies liquid courage obviously, but also something interactive. 

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Has anyone ever done online dating before? I'm going on my 1st one tomorrow and have no idea how to prepare myself...jk, my overconfident ass will take care of that. But in terms of first dates, you guys have any suggestions or memories where you nailed a solid night on a first date? Right now, I'm thinking at a bar that has a couple pool tables, air hockey, darts, etc. Something that supplies liquid courage obviously, but also something interactive. 

When you meet up, apologize and tell her you're no longer interested after seeing her in person. Tell her you can still go through with it if she's willing to pay tho

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, 112 said:

Honestly- I don't date, so I'm bad for advice here. My advice would be to read Art of Seduction by Robert Greene.

It all depends on your match tbh

Nothing wrong with a person that always be counted on for a solid hangout session, which is the genuine impression I get from you. Just as long as it doesn't involve us and the cops by the end of the night.

36 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I met my girlfriend through facebook. we have been together for a year and a half now. I dont know if you would count that as online dating. Otherwise, no.

Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

Never online dated. Had a few dates tho! 

You're right on the money. Bars with pool tables and other games are a good bet. Easy way to break the ice, and actually read her body language. Booze helps loosen ya up as well, but keep pace with her drinking; don't drink more than her...unless the date is going to $&!#. 

Then drink as much as ya want, and get separate checks.

Good luck buddy! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

Never online dated. Had a few dates tho! 

You're right on the money. Bars with pool tables and other games are a good bet. Easy way to break the ice, and actually read her body language. Booze helps loosen ya up as well, but keep pace with her drinking; don't drink more than her...unless the date is going to $&!#. 

Then drink as much as ya want, and get separate checks.

Good luck buddy! 

Thanks dude, appreciate it. :)